The last time Oregon started 2-5..

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

fpsduck
Senior

The last time Oregon started 2-5..

Post by fpsduck »

was 1986 (please correct me if I'm wrong.

We're back to the pre-Belotti days. :x
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Re: The last time Oregon started 2-5..

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

fpsduck wrote:was 1986 (please correct me if I'm wrong.

Fire Rich Brooks! ;)
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
fpsduck wrote:was 1986 (please correct me if I'm wrong.

Fire Rich Brooks! ;)
Ditch Rich!
Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kimber45 »

fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Kimber45 wrote:Image

:lol:
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Do you guys know who else is at 2-5? Michigan State. This is after they went 12-2 last season and played in a National Semifinal game. They've now lost 5 in a row after losing to Maryland tonight. Does that make Mark Dantonio a bad coach all of sudden?
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

greenyellow wrote:Do you guys know who else is at 2-5? Michigan State. This is after they went 12-2 last season and played in a National Semifinal game. They've now lost 5 in a row after losing to Maryland tonight. Does that make Mark Dantonio a bad coach all of sudden?
I have been back and forth with firing Helf or not firing Helf. We really have a young team and I think Hoke deserves 1 more year so it might be a good idea to keep him 1 more year if and only if the team can keep competing hard through out the rest of the year but if we don't win another game and lose to OSU then I think there is no hope and he needs to get the boot. If you look at the teams we have played they all were good teams besides Cal. But only time will tell.
Return Of the Quack!
General Dripps
One Star Recruit

Post by General Dripps »

greenyellow wrote:Do you guys know who else is at 2-5? Michigan State. This is after they went 12-2 last season and played in a National Semifinal game. They've now lost 5 in a row after losing to Maryland tonight. Does that make Mark Dantonio a bad coach all of sudden?
Short answer: Maybe. We will see if he can recover next year. Helfrich didn't. It was his fault that the talent development and player leadership is abysmal, and it started last year. Let's be honest, it started year one, he just had Marcus as a crutch. He is not a leader of men. Neither am I, but I am not coaching one of the best college football teams of the last 10 years. Wake up and smell the apathy. It is ingrained in our culture at this point.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Did Dantonio build his previous success with another coach's players and system? Has he steadily been dismantling what someone else has built only to be exposed this season? Not all 2-5 teams are created equal.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

karlhungis wrote:
Did Dantonio build his previous success with another coach's players and system? Has he steadily been dismantling what someone else has built only to be exposed this season? Not all 2-5 teams are created equal.
Does that really matter though? Dantonio had 3 straight 10+ win seasons and now he's down to 2-5 this season with 5 straight losses, all with players he's recruited.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

greenyellow wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
Does that really matter though? Dantonio had 3 straight 10+ win seasons and now he's down to 2-5 this season with 5 straight losses, all with players he's recruited.
It absolutely matters. He has shown he can win with his guys in his system in the past. He is a good coach having a down year. Helf hasn't shown he can win with his own players in his own system. He has done nothing to show that his previous success was anything other than riding Chip's coat tails.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Are any MSU players saying that 40% of their roster isn't trying?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

We could be 5-2 and it would still be obvious that a change is needed.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

I was on the field yesterday at the Rams vs Giants game in London and spoke to one of the assistant coaches for the Rams. We talked about the Ducks and their issues. He is of the firm belief this is just a downward cycle and one that happens in college football. He was also quick to point out that over the past few years, the Ducks were LOADED on defense. I paused, he then said that is the Rams number 1 CB is (former Duck) Troy Hill. Troy Hill wasn't even the Ducks top corner. It was Ifo. If any of you watched yesterday, he absolutely shut down Odel Beckham Jr. The one long pass that OBJ caught yesterday, Hill had switched and OBJ beat the safety. So, here is my point, the Ducks have been blessed with Monster talent in DeForest and Armstead on the inside and Troy Hill and Ifo on the outside. This team has some talent, but they are young and really lack the 3-4 stars that are needed to make a difference. We all hoped Canton and Arrion were those guys. Right now they are not.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Phenom wrote:Are any MSU players saying that 40% of their roster isn't trying?
Yes, and there are rumors of locker room
Discord and also players fighting . The situations have many similarities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk