Royce?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Royce?

Post by Alan »

What's going on with Freeman this year? Is he hurt and still playing? Why is he so ineffective while TBJ and Taj are? It's a bit of a puzzle for me. Bottom line he's going from one of the early RB's taken in the draft to a late mid or late round pic, $$$$$
SuperDuck
Senior

Re: Royce?

Post by SuperDuck »

Alan wrote:What's going on with Freeman this year? Is he hurt and still playing? Why is he so ineffective while TBJ and Taj are? It's a bit of a puzzle for me. Bottom line he's going from one of the early RB's taken in the draft to a late mid or late round pic, $$$$$
It's hard to say. Some have said that he hasn't been the same since the injury against Nebraska but he broke a 75 yard TD run against the Huskies, didn't he?

I'd say that teams are really keying on stopping him and trying to force Justin Herbert to beat them. His lack of quickness vs Tony Brooks-James and Taj Griffin is kind of surprising.
John 3:36
BTJ201
Three Star Recruit

Post by BTJ201 »

He looks like he is just mentally beaten down. I mean no spark at all. Last night when he was sprinting to the edge a couple times instead of power up the field he just pulled up and looked annoyed! Something is off for sure. Whether ifs physical or mental only he knows
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

He's still injured , he's got no explosiveness to him right now.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

He is checked out for sure.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

FlDuckFan wrote:He's still injured , he's got no explosiveness to him right now.
So he's lying? He never had JStew speed, he's always taken 4-5 steps to get going, much like LGB. This years he's just not breaking that first tackle, or making that first guys miss. And honestly his injury was his shin, he should be fine now, or at least able to run with no problem. It wasn't a knees or ankle.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

He's clearly a step slower but he looks two steps slower because teams are keyed in to our runs.

There was a time the only way Cal could hold our defense was to have their secondary ball put playing Cover 0.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Duck07 wrote:He's clearly a step slower but he looks two steps slower because teams are keyed in to our runs.

There was a time the only way Cal could hold our defense was to have their secondary ball put playing Cover 0.
They spent most of yesterday in a cover 0 as well and I don't think Lubick had any idea how to attack it...we figured out that year with DAT and it seems like we did a bit on the 2nd half yesterday...realizing they didn't have to go over the top in 1on1 coverage but just get the ball out to guys
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

FlDuckFan wrote:He's still injured , he's got no explosiveness to him right now.
Or at least conditioning-wise, he's just not there right now. He is a step slower than everyone. He cannot bounce outside. The first time a defender meets him, he is off balance and loses every time.

Rough to watch. I hope he can get it together, whether it's because of his injury or not.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

justducky0 wrote:He is checked out for sure.
It's gonna cost him lots of money if he doesn't check back in. He looked amazing before his injury, but since he's been back, he's played poorly.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
It's gonna cost him lots of money if he doesn't check back in. He looked amazing before his injury, but since he's been back, he's played poorly.
That's what I was thinking. At this point he might want to consider coming back to Oregon because he looks flat out terrible this year.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

QuackininBama wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
That's what I was thinking. At this point he might want to consider coming back to Oregon because he looks flat out terrible this year.
At this point, I don't see a single Duck getting picked before the 4th round this draft. And the only one I see haveing a shot if Royce, Carrington has zero shot at this point, same for Crosby, and anyone else thinking about leaving early. Springs is now second string, Prevot hasn't even played this year and Brown is one of the main problems on the team. We could litterly return every major player next year, and like 20 starters.

I wonder when the last time UO didn't have a single player drafted?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

From the couple of Oregonian article today, it sounds like Royce is still dealing with a bruised sternum from that vicious hit he took in the 2nd half against UW.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I don't doubt Freeman's heart one bit. He looks hurt, and defenses are keying in on him whenever he's in the game. It didn't help that most of his carries on Friday were up the gut on first down for no real gains each time.
Willie Taggart is a dick.