Weight program

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Weight program

Post by buckmarkduck »

This isn't a blast on coach Rad at all.

That said, it's time to change our program and get a football only weight coach. As I've watched UO the last 8 years, I've noticed we have steadily gotten smaller and less muscular looking compaired to every other team. Watching CU and they have a much more athletic and built team than anything we have had in a few years. There's no reason for that. Cal last night looked a lot bigger also, yet none of these kids came in any bigger than our recruits.
BTJ201
Three Star Recruit

Re: Weight program

Post by BTJ201 »

buckmarkduck wrote:This isn't a blast on coach Rad at all.

That said, it's time to change our program and get a football only weight coach. As I've watched UO the last 8 years, I've noticed we have steadily gotten smaller and less muscular looking compaired to every other team. Watching CU and they have a much more athletic and built team than anything we have had in a few years. There's no reason for that. Cal last night looked a lot bigger also, yet none of these kids came in any bigger than our recruits.
I don't know if you are right or wrong. What I do know is every team we have played this years drops our guys in their tracks. We almost never get yards after contact. Seems like every guy we try and tackle runs through our first guy and drags the next guy 4 yards. We definitely seem to be the weaker team!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Weight program

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Part of that has to do with the way we recruit too, but yeah Oregon has to lead the country in poor angles and missed tackles.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13