How many times do you watch the offense set up

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

How many times do you watch the offense set up

Post by Duck07 »

And feel like you know what 2-3 plays they are likely to run out of it? I think the only time I was "stunned" on a play call was a 3rd and 6 where they called a QB draw.

Conversely, our defensive staff has seen all of these offenses and presumably game planned for them in the past so where is the lack of recognition on our side?
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: How many times do you watch the offense set up

Post by pudgejeff »

Duck07 wrote:And feel like you know what 2-3 plays they are likely to run out of it? I think the only time I was "stunned" on a play call was a 3rd and 6 where they called a QB draw.

Conversely, our defensive staff has seen all of these offenses and presumably game planned for them in the past so where is the lack of recognition on our side?
That's too funny, the QB draws and the one screen play that got called back were the only ones that surprised me all night. That counter trap we run on 3rd/4th and short over and over is ridiculous
BTJ201
Three Star Recruit

Post by BTJ201 »

Duck07 wrote:And feel like you know what 2-3 plays they are likely to run out of it? I think the only time I was "stunned" on a play call was a 3rd and 6 where they called a QB draw.

I called 75% of calls plays off their alignments and it looked like our D did as well. We still couldn't stop them. Our guys were in position so many times and just didn't make the plays
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I don't know if I'd say they were in position often on Defense. When Bellotti is doing elementary color commentary about box numbers and we've got 5 guys for 6 gaps something doesn't add up.
BTJ201
Three Star Recruit

Post by BTJ201 »

Duck07 wrote:I don't know if I'd say they were in position often on Defense. When Bellotti is doing elementary color commentary about box numbers and we've got 5 guys for 6 gaps something doesn't add up.
And that's what Webb was watching, by the end of the 1st quarter even I caught on. Webb counted any time there was less than 6 in the box they ran it. If there was more than 6 "load the box" he would like throw out the the flat were there was a 10-15 yard cushion. It was infuriating!

On a ton of the runs a linebacker was there and would run right by the running back or play 2 hand touch in the backfield fall down and watch him run until schooler tackled him at the 1st down marker
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Especially with the safety so high, he doesn't have to be taken into account