Not that Paul Finebaum knows anything

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Not that Paul Finebaum knows anything

Post by Duck07 »

There were a few people who didn't seem to like Helfrich right off the bat but nobody paid heed to it as things were going well. My Dad was critical of Helfrich right off the bat but it doesn't make him a football Swami. We operate from a limited set of facts. He also thinks Richard Sherman is having a terrible season because of one blown coverage call and going against Super Julio.
liberalduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by liberalduck »

duckfan22 wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:But on Sportscenter, this morning, he says he "definitely" thinks Helfrich will be fired, and he sees a scenario where Chip Kelly returns to Oregon.

Hmmmm.
must be true then if he said it....but what it really means is that Helfrich will be here next year and
Chip will be given another year in Frisco...
That's funny :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I think Chip would be the first to tell ya he was to stubborn against Auburn. He evolved though as we saw against Wisconsin and Kansas State. I think Urban as someone pointed out exploited Oregon's weakness. It is what a good coach does.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I think Chip would be the first to tell ya he was to stubborn against Auburn. He evolved though as we saw against Wisconsin and Kansas State. I think Urban as someone pointed out exploited Oregon's weakness. It is what a good coach does.
The easiest explanation for the two losses was the LOS battle. It also explains a decade of Bama dominance and the Oregon is Soft ethos.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck07 wrote:There were a few people who didn't seem to like Helfrich right off the bat but nobody paid heed to it as things were going well. My Dad was critical of Helfrich right off the bat but it doesn't make him a football Swami. We operate from a limited set of facts. He also thinks Richard Sherman is having a terrible season because of one blown coverage call and going against Super Julio.
Julio slapped Sherm in the head at the LOS, that's a penalty also. ;)
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

QuackininBama wrote:Ohhh god Bud. Can we keep crazy Phyllis a down south thing? People up north already think were a bunch of wack jobs down here :lol:

Phyllis and the rest of those crazies are all Bama buddy, we do not and will not accept them as representation of Louisiana or any other southern state. In other words, bless y'all hearts but y'all are be special over there :lol:
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Bud Lee wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:Ohhh god Bud. Can we keep crazy Phyllis a down south thing? People up north already think were a bunch of wack jobs down here :lol:

Phyllis and the rest of those crazies are all Bama buddy, we do not and will not accept them as representation of Louisiana or any other southern state. In other words, bless y'all hearts but y'all are be special over there :lol:
Oh there are a few times each week where I find myself saying to someone: Bless your heart...lol
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Frost and Chins are kicking Orlando and Hermans asses all over the field. Bring them back, I don't care how arrogant Frost is.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

I think Houston players heard the "Tom Herman to Texas is all but official" rumor that is running wild this week.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Milton is single handily giving the game to UH. He's just not a very good D1 qb.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

And UCF lost

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I expect Frost to build something pretty nice at UCF and be gone before too long. He'll be another coach with Oregon ties that fans will lament not pursuing at some point.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

lmduck wrote:And UCF lost

Of course they lost, they have half the talent Houston has, and gave them everything they wanted. Frosthas that thing going in the right direction and the team is buying in.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Yep- agree

squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

BTJ201 wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
BTJ201 wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
BTJ201 wrote:
squintsdd wrote: Ah, you're one of those people who claims to have seen this coming, but doesn't say anything until s*** hit's the fan.
Aw your one of those people that thinks he's clever by making jack ass comments. Well just so you feel better I did say it plentt of times. I'm sorry you weren't around to hear it. Or does it not count if I don't live on the message board and say it here?
I just think it's funny when people show up on the message boards to state their superior judgement calls that they had during a CHAMPIONSHIP game.

It was no secret to anybody, even those that are unable to predict the future, that Ohio State was the superior team. They had one the biggest and best, if not the biggest and best, Oline in the country that season. You suddenly decided during the championship game if he was the coach... After Oregon Absolutely dismantled a hot Arizona team and a previously unbeaten FSU team? So your comment served no purpose other than for you to attempt to brag about how you think you were ahead of the curve by noticing this during the championship game.
You are some kind of special!

So somehow my super simple opinion and basic observation that was conquering with another poster about Helf as me thinking I showed up to a message board with superior judgement? Ok superstar whatever you say!

Actually Ohio St wasn't that superior of a team, you accidentally made an argument for me in your ramblings. Oregon had a great team, they had the players to win. Like you said they dismantled a super hot Arizona team and destroyed a unbeaten FSU! They were capable of beating Ohio state from a player on player standpoint. Are you ready for the shocker?!?!?! HELF GOT OUT COACHED! Oh my god crazy right I noticed that. So did a ton of other people not that big of a deal really. Next time I make a observation I will be sure to direct message you just in case I post about it a couple years later. That way it will be valid
Yes, he got out coached, by a coach that is arguably one of the best coaches College Football has ever seen, but somehow you came up wondering if he was good after he took Oregon to the championship game. Do you wonder that about every coach that loses a championship game?

Like you said, Oregon had the players to win, but your basic observation wasn't able to see that Ohio State was the superior team. I won't argue that Helfrich isn't the guy, but quit trying to act like you were ahead o the curve. Not a whole lot irks me like someone that shows up just in time to say "Oh hey guys, I saw this coming years ago", but please feel free to message about other future happenings. I mean, we can't all see that far ahead now can we?
Ok this will be my last response on this. You are incredible!

Never once did I say I was ahead of the curve, Isaid "I first noticed" so your wrong there! Nobody is acting here except you acting like a football board superstar. It's hilarious that someone posting on a board "irks" you great life you must have. And ts more hilarious that it's because I just showed up! Oh is it because I'm not a big "junior" poster like you? That's really sad, but just so you know I've been posting on this board sense at one! Hell of a lot longer than you
You've been posting since day 1? Let's look.