Not that Paul Finebaum knows anything

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Not that Paul Finebaum knows anything

Post by DAT_man_again »

But on Sportscenter, this morning, he says he "definitely" thinks Helfrich will be fired, and he sees a scenario where Chip Kelly returns to Oregon.

Hmmmm.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
duckfan22
Senior

Re: Not that Paul Finebaum knows anything

Post by duckfan22 »

DAT_man_again wrote:But on Sportscenter, this morning, he says he "definitely" thinks Helfrich will be fired, and he sees a scenario where Chip Kelly returns to Oregon.

Hmmmm.
must be true then if he said it....but what it really means is that Helfrich will be here next year and
Chip will be given another year in Frisco...
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Yea, but what does sy-Phyllis say?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck07 wrote:Yea, but what does sy-Phyllis say?
Who's that?
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Don't care if it's legit or not...I'm happy the more I hear this rumor propagated.

BRING BACK CHIP!
rentdodger1
Three Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger1 »

DAT_man_again wrote:But on Sportscenter, this morning, he says he "definitely" thinks Helfrich will be fired, and he sees a scenario where Chip Kelly returns to Oregon.

Hmmmm.
I think the cake has already been baked and even if Oregon wins a bunch of games and finishes out in a bowl the plug will be pulled on Helfrich.

Here's the issues:

1. Helfrich has not shown administratively that he can make a solid hire. Both of his coordinator hires this year have under performed.

2.There is a very legitimate case that coaching preparation and in game decisions have cost Oregon wins.

3.There is going to be massive turnover with the position coaches if he is retained. See point #1.

4. Helfrich's shortcomings that have been beaten to death on message boards and in the media are very real.

5. Economic factors

6. My understanding is that the 3-4 big decision makers in the Oregon community are in agreement in making that change.

And yes, there appears to be a scenario that Kelly might come back. The money issue is his release from SF more than the payoff to Helfrich. Evidently Chip realizes that he had an ideal situation at Oregon with no interference and he was able to coach and operate on his terms. No other pro or college job will give him that freedom and insulation that he wants.

Is he coming back? maybe, the decisions that are made reside in the hands of a handful of individuals and if all are on board it might happen.

The only sure thing is that there is going to be some dramatic changes one way or another and it won't be allowed to fester like it did at Washington.
BTJ201
Three Star Recruit

Post by BTJ201 »

Funny thing, when we were playing Ohio St for the title I said over and over we were out coached. many people blamed our player as they were less talented and we had major players injured. But it was the first time I had really noticed Helf was just completely out classed. At half time we didn't make any adjustments while Urbam must seemed to come out with a totally new plan and dismantled us. That was when I began to wonder if Helf was a good coach
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

We're at a point where we're looking to Paul Finebaum for news? Eek.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

BTJ201 wrote:Funny thing, when we were playing Ohio St for the title I said over and over we were out coached. many people blamed our player as they were less talented and we had major players injured. But it was the first time I had really noticed Helf was just completely out classed. At half time we didn't make any adjustments while Urbam must seemed to come out with a totally new plan and dismantled us. That was when I began to wonder if Helf was a good coach
Ah, you're one of those people who claims to have seen this coming, but doesn't say anything until s*** hit's the fan.
BTJ201
Three Star Recruit

Post by BTJ201 »

squintsdd wrote:
BTJ201 wrote:Funny thing, when we were playing Ohio St for the title I said over and over we were out coached. many people blamed our player as they were less talented and we had major players injured. But it was the first time I had really noticed Helf was just completely out classed. At half time we didn't make any adjustments while Urbam must seemed to come out with a totally new plan and dismantled us. That was when I began to wonder if Helf was a good coach
Ah, you're one of those people who claims to have seen this coming, but doesn't say anything until s*** hit's the fan.
Aw your one of those people that thinks he's clever by making jack ass comments. Well just so you feel better I did say it plentt of times. I'm sorry you weren't around to hear it. Or does it not count if I don't live on the message board and say it here?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

BTJ201 wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
Aw your one of those people that thinks he's clever by making jack ass comments. Well just so you feel better I did say it plentt of times. I'm sorry you weren't around to hear it. Or does it not count if I don't live on the message board and say it here?
No need for the name calling. If you can't do that, then you really had no point to make.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

It was pretty obvious that Urban Meyer drew up the superior game plan. He identified Oregon's biggest defensive weakness in that game and exploited the hell out of it.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
BTJ201
Three Star Recruit

Post by BTJ201 »

greenyellow wrote:
BTJ201 wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
No need for the name calling. If you can't do that, then you really had no point to make.
Go back and re-read what I wrote slowly, I didn't call him any names at all. It was a jackass comment. If you are worried about making points his comment served no point.
BTJ201
Three Star Recruit

Post by BTJ201 »

pezsez1 wrote:
It was pretty obvious that Urban Meyer drew up the superior game plan. He identified Oregon's biggest defensive weakness in that game and exploited the hell out of it.

Yes he did, and after telling tons of people how I thought Helf was simply out coached and maybe the stage was just to big for him. I hoped that it was just a case of Urban is elite and has been there several times before.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Not saying i agree or disagree about helfrich being out coached but, by the same token wasn't chip out coached against auburn?