Arizona State @ Oregon (Sat 2 PM, Pac-12 Networks)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Re: Arizona State @ Oregon (Sat 2 PM, Pac-12 Networks)

Post by QuackininBama »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Pez, you're a great poster, but damn your excuses for Helf don't ever stop!
Agree. Pez, your one of my favorite posters but damn bro, how many record of futility have to be set before you figure out Helf is a great guy, just not a good coach at this level? Bro, we've set three records in the last year for total embarrassment (Utah, Alamo Bowl, Washington), your totally fine with ANOTHER year of this? Bro we are WINLESS IN THE PAC-12!!!! Two years ago we played for the national championship and your telling us you want to without judgement for another year?
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Agree. Pez, your one of my favorite posters
First off, thank you!
but damn bro, how many record of futility have to be set before you figure out Helf is a great guy, just not a good coach at this level?
I need more than one bad season, especially considering we played for the natty two years ago and were oh-so-close to the Pac-12 championship game last season -- possibly the CFP had our starter been healthy.
Bro, we've set three records in the last year for total embarrassment (Utah, Alamo Bowl, Washington), your totally fine with ANOTHER year of this?
No.

I've repeatedly said I'd call for Helfrich to be fired next season if we start off as badly as this year did. But we have every indication to believe next season will be substantially different. Great young QB, solid young O-line, some great young defensive playmakers, and another chance for Hoke to get the players he needs -- perhaps a chance to get some help from the JC ranks, too.

Even this year's team, as bad as the results are, is just nine points away (with the ball in our hands on final drives) from being 5-2, which would be pretty damn good considering our transition, youth and injuries.

And despite all that, I've also said I'd support Helfrich being fired this season if we had an absolute home-run hire lined up.

I'm not going to switch to the group pitchfork mentality though just because it's easy or popular. That's not how I roll.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I'd like to agree with you Pez, I really would. But besides the losing, Helfrich and his staff aren't exactly killing it on the recruiting trail right now. They need 3 DL, we got one DE. The DBs are looking solid, but losing out on Molden is a big loss. Really we have two guys in state who could make an impact next year, at position of need on D. And both could very well not be ducks, but worse is they will be huskies. ones a duck legacy, who grew up wanting to be a duck, but because of the coaches and the locker room right now he's not coming to UO.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I'd totally go to this weekend's game, but instead I'll be relaxing somewhere in Maui. Life is rough.

BTW, you can get tickets on Stubhub right now for like $20.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Biggus Duckus wrote:I'll be in Eugene this weekend so I thought I'd look for cheap game tickets. The ticket office is still asking for $80 a ticket, ha!

Is there some Safeway special or something I should look out for as game day approaches?
You can probably buy cheap tickets from scalpers at the stadium. I'm not aware of any specials for this game.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I am not convinced Oregon even plays defense.
I'm not convinced we even have football players on the field.
We can probably replace the defense unit with baseball players and generate the same outcome.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I am not convinced Oregon even plays defense.
Going to defend my Ducks a bit and say our defense was much better in the second half against Cal.

I'd actually love to hear more detail about the kinds of adjustments we made that got us back in the game.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

pezsez1 wrote:
Going to defend my Ducks a bit and say our defense was much better in the second half against Cal.

I'd actually love to hear more detail about the kinds of adjustments we made that got us back in the game.
One was benching Springs, who got beat like a rented mule in the first half. I also noticed Baker and Carlsberg playing their butts off.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

buckmarkduck wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:

One was benching Springs, who got beat like a rented mule in the first half. I also noticed Baker and Carlsberg playing their butts off.
It seemed to me like they just started playing the guys who were giving the most effort. I actually enjoyed the second half quite a bit just seeing players getting fired up when they made plays.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

You should be able to get tickets for half that on 3rd party sites
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

Biggus Duckus wrote:I'll be in Eugene this weekend so I thought I'd look for cheap game tickets. The ticket office is still asking for $80 a ticket, ha!

Is there some Safeway special or something I should look out for as game day approaches?
$80 a ticket that's just not realistic lol... You guys think there's any chance this season lowers ticket prices?? or nah?
rentdodger1
Three Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger1 »

pezsez1 wrote:I'd totally go to this weekend's game, but instead I'll be relaxing somewhere in Maui. Life is rough.

BTW, you can get tickets on Stubhub right now for like $20.
Front st. Lahaina on Halloween > ASU/Oregon on Saturday.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

swagnatic101 wrote:

$80 a ticket that's just not realistic lol... You guys think there's any chance this season lowers ticket prices?? or nah?
Not a chance in you know what they lower season ticket prices or individual ticket prices next year. Football carries the load for the entire athletic department. Basketball picking up and starting to sellout will help but it will be small in the scheme of things. You might see more "mini pack" type deals but for those with season tickets, you can probably anticipate your normal increases.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

buckmarkduck wrote:I'd like to agree with you Pez, I really would. But besides the losing, Helfrich and his staff aren't exactly killing it on the recruiting trail right now. They need 3 DL, we got one DE. The DBs are looking solid, but losing out on Molden is a big loss. Really we have two guys in state who could make an impact next year, at position of need on D. And both could very well not be ducks, but worse is they will be huskies. ones a duck legacy, who grew up wanting to be a duck, but because of the coaches and the locker room right now he's not coming to UO.
Did Molden commit to Stanford? Did I miss something?
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

RanDux wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:I'd like to agree with you Pez, I really would. But besides the losing, Helfrich and his staff aren't exactly killing it on the recruiting trail right now. They need 3 DL, we got one DE. The DBs are looking solid, but losing out on Molden is a big loss. Really we have two guys in state who could make an impact next year, at position of need on D. And both could very well not be ducks, but worse is they will be huskies. ones a duck legacy, who grew up wanting to be a duck, but because of the coaches and the locker room right now he's not coming to UO.
Did Molden commit to Stanford? Did I miss something?
Yea, far as I know Molden hasn't committed to anyone yet, he's still in play.