Chip Kelly Rumors

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

5$
Five Star Recruit

Re: Chip Kelly Rumors

Post by 5$ »

Interesting article: http://www.pressdemocrat.com/sports/622 ... about-chip

The guy gets pretty snippy at the end, I guess he's fuming about how his season is going, just like us.

I think 9+ win seasons are very satisfying so long as we are beating UW during them.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

QuackininBama wrote:
BTJ201 wrote:I read or heard on sports talk that he was asked and stated that he isn't interested in any college jobs. Take that for whatever it's worth.
Well of course he's going to say that. He just signed a 4 year contract 8 months ago.
But I feel like as much as he enjoyed Oregon, he didn't like a lot of the things that come along with coaching in college, recruiting as one example.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

5$ wrote:Interesting article: http://www.pressdemocrat.com/sports/622 ... about-chip

The guy gets pretty snippy at the end, I guess he's fuming about how his season is going, just like us.

I think 9+ win seasons are very satisfying so long as we are beating UW during them.
Journalist: Have you heard from any schools?

Chip: Nope

Phil Knight is not a school. :twisted:
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Guys , I'd hate to tell you but he's Knott coming.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
maxduck wrote:Assume Chip won't be fired after his first year in SF. Also assume the odds of his dismissal increase dramatically after year 2--no offense, defense terrible and the stands empty. With the probability Chip is available at the end of 2017 should Oregon give Helfrich another year?
Rumors swirling that the SF GM will get fired, and usually a new GM will want his own guy as coach.
Chances are very high the GM in SF will be fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Knott in this thread is he coming. I was looking around for Hines but he is Knott coming either.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Duck07 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
maxduck wrote:Assume Chip won't be fired after his first year in SF. Also assume the odds of his dismissal increase dramatically after year 2--no offense, defense terrible and the stands empty. With the probability Chip is available at the end of 2017 should Oregon give Helfrich another year?
Rumors swirling that the SF GM will get fired, and usually a new GM will want his own guy as coach.
Unless they hire Tom Gamble
Tom Gamble is the asst GM in SF.

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

lmduck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
And Gamble being fired in Philly was why Chip demanded GM power and a big reason why he ended up in SF. I'm just saying that Baalke could get canned and replaced with Gamble at which point a change would likely not come.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Duck07 wrote:
lmduck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
And Gamble being fired in Philly was why Chip demanded GM power and a big reason why he ended up in SF. I'm just saying that Baalke could get canned and replaced with Gamble at which point a change would likely not come.
Totally agree.