Linebacker Technique: Freshman Keith Simms Attacks Blocks Co

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

FishDuck
Three Star Recruit

Linebacker Technique: Freshman Keith Simms Attacks Blocks Co

Post by FishDuck »

If you want a little hope-on-the-horizon with Oregon’s defense, AND learn some more football while you’re at it—then this will be a good seven minute read for you. Read over there and comment here as usual.

During these bad times? I’ve been using it as an opportunity to learn about basic techniques on defense from our consultative coaches and it has been fun, which has been the only way to make the Oregon football experience more enjoyable.

http://fishduck.com/2016/10/linebacker- ... correctly/
dthomas=ddixon

Re: Linebacker Technique: Freshman Keith Simms Attacks Block

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I think it's a pretty serious indictment of our coaching staff that best players on defense right now are the true freshman, and not the players who have had 3-4 years of "development".
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

Can we go one post without making this about the coaching staff and how they need to be fired?

Great post by Fishduck, breaking down the details of some good defense that we saw in the second half. I for one am encouraged that we have some talented young players showing that they can play as true freshman. That's all I've got left for this season is to focus on the young guys and the potential and improvement they show over the last half of the year. New coaches or not, I can still get excited about guys like Simms, Dye, Schooler, etc.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

duck541 wrote:Can we go one post without making this about the coaching staff and how they need to be fired?
Who said the coaches need to be fired? Fishduck's article is about the LB technique; their alignment and execution. More specifically, how poor it was for much of the game. It's not unreasonable to want to talk about the coaching staff when that's the topic of the thread.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
duck541 wrote:Can we go one post without making this about the coaching staff and how they need to be fired?
Who said the coaches need to be fired? Fishduck's article is about the LB technique; their alignment and execution. More specifically, how poor it was for much of the game. It's not unreasonable to want to talk about the coaching staff when that's the topic of the thread.
Can't we get through one thread without the mods asking who said the coaches need to be fired?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Not on my watch.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Can the mods make a thread for all posts bashing coaches, talking about firing coaches, and/or anything pertaining to coaches. So people can enjoy threads without reading about this said coaches?
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Can the mods make a thread for all posts bashing coaches, talking about firing coaches, and/or anything pertaining to coaches. So people can enjoy threads without reading about this said coaches?
Am I a prophet or what?
Willie Taggart is a dick.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

duckfan96 wrote:Can the mods make a thread for all posts bashing coaches, talking about firing coaches, and/or anything pertaining to coaches. So people can enjoy threads without reading about this said coaches?
Not a mod, but I'm on it.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
duckfan96 wrote:Can the mods make a thread for all posts bashing coaches, talking about firing coaches, and/or anything pertaining to coaches. So people can enjoy threads without reading about this said coaches?
Not a mod, but I'm on it.
Thanks.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Or............the Ducks could win a game and give us something else to talk about? When your winless in the Pac-12 its tough for fans to all climb on board the Sarkisian, "Were a really young team" train. Its just embarrassing.