Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Re: When will we have a new coach?

Post by rsbgduck »

maxduck wrote:
rsbgduck wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
rsbgduck wrote:If they already have there guy then tonight, Thursday or Friday morning before Mullens heads out. If they seriously don't have him yet then you're looking at a week probably two.
Not if their guy is still coaching another team.

Good point. Not being sarcastic but doesn't Huston have a game left at least a bowl game? If the guy they want is going to a bowl game do we wait till Jan/Feb. if you want the job you want it and it doesn't matter if it's a week between games or two months. As the new school you give the coach time to say goodbye to his current team and I can see that taking a day or two.

Are you seriously suggesting a coach should quit on his team 2-3 days before a game? If he does that I doubt I would want him.

I understand leaving before a bowl game but it does have ramifications. I'm not sure Oregon wins the Fiesta if Jeff Tedford didn't stay to run the offense against Colorado and I'm not sure Oregon would lose to TCU with an experienced play caller.
Pretty sure I covered your question in the following post and also gave my opinion about the coaches that do.

The whole quitting on his "team" seriously, it's not his team he is the CEO of a company in today's college football. All he's doing is moving up the ladder and increasing his net worth. I don't like it or agree with it but fans, players and especially recruits need to realize it. At least until the NCAA changes its transfer rules.
nogerO
Senior

Sunday

Post by nogerO »

count on it.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine