When will we have a new coach?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

When will we have a new coach?

Post by greenyellow »

Now that Oregon is looking for a new coach, when do you think a hire will be announced?
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Re: When will we have a new coach?

Post by FlDuckFan »

With the way Mullens has been probably sometime after signing day.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

With any hope at all the Ducks have someone line down up and just need to jump through the hoops. But I wouldn't put it passed Mullens to decide to go on vacation for a couple of weeks first.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

Monday.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I will go with Monday. Autzen noise already indicated the job is done. I think then will be a lot of speculation to whether he got it right or not. We might hear something before then if is leaked out. If not then it will be Monday.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

Who was responsible for hiring Dana Altman? If they are still around, then we have reason to hope that we won't be hiring on name alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Mullens is back to Dallas on Friday and Saturday for the CFP selection committee. Also several top targets are involved in games this weekend. Monday at the earliest.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

FlDuckFan wrote:With the way Mullens has been probably sometime after signing day.
:lol:

I'm hoping sometime next week. Gotta prepare for that bowl game, oh wait..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Who knows. Nick Saban and Jim Harbaugh were hired at their respective schools in late December/early January. The most important thing is getting the right guy.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:With the way Mullens has been probably sometime after signing day.
:lol:

I'm hoping sometime next week. Gotta prepare for that bowl game, oh wait..

I laughed but still a sick sense of humor Sir.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

If they already have there guy then tonight, Thursday or Friday morning before Mullens heads out. If they seriously don't have him yet then you're looking at a week probably two.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

rsbgduck wrote:If they already have there guy then tonight, Thursday or Friday morning before Mullens heads out. If they seriously don't have him yet then you're looking at a week probably two.
Not if their guy is still coaching another team.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

karlhungis wrote:
rsbgduck wrote:If they already have there guy then tonight, Thursday or Friday morning before Mullens heads out. If they seriously don't have him yet then you're looking at a week probably two.

Good point. Not being sarcastic but doesn't Huston have a game left at least a bowl game? If the guy they want is going to a bowl game do we wait till Jan/Feb. if you want the job you want it and it doesn't matter if it's a week between games or two months. As the new school you give the coach time to say goodbye to his current team and I can see that taking a day or two.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

rsbgduck wrote:
karlhungis wrote:

Good point. Not being sarcastic but doesn't Huston have a game left at least a bowl game? If the guy they want is going to a bowl game do we wait till Jan/Feb. if you want the job you want it and it doesn't matter if it's a week between games or two months. As the new school you give the coach time to say goodbye to his current team and I can see that taking a day or two.
Don't get me wrong, I freaking hate the fact a coach is able to up and leave his team because of a better offer whenever he wants. That's why I am in favor of allowing freshmen, redshirt freshman and sophmores to be able to transfer out with no penalty by the crooked NCAA. This obviously doesn't apply to a coach who is terminated. Yes I know the whole argument you choose a school for your education and not a given sport. If that's the case then you need to start sending professors out on the recruiting trail.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

rsbgduck wrote:
karlhungis wrote:

Are you seriously suggesting a coach should quit on his team 2-3 days before a game? If he does that I doubt I would want him.

I understand leaving before a bowl game but it does have ramifications. I'm not sure Oregon wins the Fiesta if Jeff Tedford didn't stay to run the offense against Colorado and I'm not sure Oregon would lose to TCU with an experienced play caller.