I think it's time to move on

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

I think it's time to move on

Post by Alan »

Helf is gone and not coming back, much of the staff are probably gone. It's a fact and something none of us had any control of, so life gives you a situation you don't like all you can do is accept it, decided on what you as an individual are going to do and move on. For me, I had my reaction threw my fit and now have accepted the change. Now for my decision, I can continue to support the Ducks or find a new team to enjoy or just find something else other than college football..... for me, easy decision.....GO DUCKS! Always a fan.

Nothing to do now but wait and see, with luck we get a new coach who I can quickly get behind. For me, the only coach I can quickly get behind who I believe we could get is Fleck. I could easily get behind Peterson, Urban, Herman. But we can't get them and I certainly don't want an unproven good OC or a guy with past negative history......but again it's out of my control.

We may be in for some rough years ahead, we may make a quick turn around to being one of the country's elite teams again. Whatever the case all I or we can do is hang on and go along for the ride. It's a twist but there is an element of excitement.
duckfan22
Senior

Re: I think it's time to move on

Post by duckfan22 »

I have been a duck fan since 1966 long before most of this board was born i am sure. I have watched Oregon
struggles all the coaching changes. Lived through really bad Rich Brooks teams. Started to see a glimer in 94 when
they went to the rose bowl. i have remained a duck fan through it all. Belloti got the program going after Brooks and
Chip elevated it to a new level we had never seen.. Helfrich as assistant discovered a pretty decent player in Hawaii
who went on to win the Heisman. Even in this situation we have now i have not waivered. I believe a change was needed.
What i dont agree with is how it was handled. Mullens should have taken care of things right away. But instead strung
along a coach who gave 8 years to this program. I think Helfrich deserves better. Now Mullens has to make the right hire.
If he handles that like he handled Helfrich then we may all regret it.. Go ducks
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

duckfan22 wrote:I have been a duck fan since 1966 long before most of this board was born i am sure. I have watched Oregon
struggles all the coaching changes. Lived through really bad Rich Brooks teams. Started to see a glimer in 94 when
they went to the rose bowl. i have remained a duck fan through it all. Belloti got the program going after Brooks and
Chip elevated it to a new level we had never seen.. Helfrich as assistant discovered a pretty decent player in Hawaii
who went on to win the Heisman. Even in this situation we have now i have not waivered. I believe a change was needed.
What i dont agree with is how it was handled. Mullens should have taken care of things right away. But instead strung
along a coach who gave 8 years to this program. I think Helfrich deserves better. Now Mullens has to make the right hire.
If he handles that like he handled Helfrich then we may all regret it.. Go ducks
Can't agree any more with the above. I have been a Duck fan since 1968-1969 and have observed the same...Change is not always for the better....But, change is a fact of life and something that we all must live with...GOOO DUCKS
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

ducksrock wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:I have been a duck fan since 1966 long before most of this board was born i am sure. I have watched Oregon
Can't agree any more with the above. I have been a Duck fan since 1968-1969 and have observed the same...Change is not always for the better....But, change is a fact of life and something that we all must live with...GOOO DUCKS
Completely agree Sir, and yes you are right DOB 4/3/73. I have however been a fan since 90'-91' when a good friend since grade school decided to sign with the Ducks. Have to admit in my time we've probably had more up yrs. than down as far as being at .500 or less. I came from rooting on a very successful program in Michigan and still root and watch them except for the 2 times against the Ducks. I don't know how to explain it but I just fell in love with the team while he played for them and never thought twice about another team. Then the uniform thing came along and before to long the "O" brand was the cool team. I've questioned and been pissed about decisions regarding the fb team from administrative decisions, a coach's play calling to a player choosing the wrong angle. Through it all sure I've been pissed but have never ever waivered on my love and loyalty to my Ducks. You get pissed, you get over it and you move on hoping for the best when it's something you question or disagree with. I made a comment on another thread that if the AD hires Lame Kitten I would not only change teams but conferences to the SEC and was meant as a joke. If you are truly love something you don't just walk away from it at least not this fan.

PS.
If they do hire Kitten it will test my loyalty but in the end I already know, come Sept. I will still bleed green and yellow and cheering for my beloved Ducks.
General Dripps
One Star Recruit

Post by General Dripps »

Alan wrote:Helf is gone and not coming back, much of the staff are probably gone. It's a fact and something none of us had any control of, so life gives you a situation you don't like all you can do is accept it, decided on what you as an individual are going to do and move on. For me, I had my reaction threw my fit and now have accepted the change. Now for my decision, I can continue to support the Ducks or find a new team to enjoy or just find something else other than college football..... for me, easy decision.....GO DUCKS! Always a fan.

Nothing to do now but wait and see, with luck we get a new coach who I can quickly get behind. For me, the only coach I can quickly get behind who I believe we could get is Fleck. I could easily get behind Peterson, Urban, Herman. But we can't get them and I certainly don't want an unproven good OC or a guy with past negative history......but again it's out of my control.

We may be in for some rough years ahead, we may make a quick turn around to being one of the country's elite teams again. Whatever the case all I or we can do is hang on and go along for the ride. It's a twist but there is an element of excitement.
You really, in your heart of hearts, would still rather have Mark Helfrich? I would take one of the canadian geese still in the area right now over him, if we could figure out how to strap a headset on it.
cmmadness
Three Star Recruit

Post by cmmadness »

General Dripps wrote:
Alan wrote:Helf is gone and not coming back, much of the staff are probably gone. It's a fact and something none of us had any control of, so life gives you a situation you don't like all you can do is accept it, decided on what you as an individual are going to do and move on. For me, I had my reaction threw my fit and now have accepted the change. Now for my decision, I can continue to support the Ducks or find a new team to enjoy or just find something else other than college football..... for me, easy decision.....GO DUCKS! Always a fan.

You really, in your heart of hearts, would still rather have Mark Helfrich? I would take one of the canadian geese still in the area right now over him, if we could figure out how to strap a headset on it.

This is authentically funny. Your best contribution to date. Keep up the good work. ;)
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Phenom wrote:Image
"Oregon Way".