Coaches Tied to Oregon Job (Comprehensive List)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Coaches Tied to Oregon Job (Comprehensive List)

Post by StevensTechU »

I want to fully capture the ridiculousness that is the amount of rumors that go around when a big time school is looking for a new football coach, so I'm starting this thread for everyone to contribute tweets, articles, 'rumblings', and so forth of all the names of people who will likely never be interviewed for the job let alone become Oregon's next coach.

I'll begin:

PJ Fleck Ken Niumatalolo Jim McElwain Greg Schiano 4 in 1 tweet!
Anybody else recognize how Feldman is just pulling names straight out of his arse?
Duck24
Senior

Re: Coaches Tied to Oregon Job (Comprehensive List)

Post by Duck24 »

Lincoln Riley & PJ Fleck:
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Chip Kelly, Bryan Harsin, Lane Kiffin and others mentioned above. Gotta cast a wide net so you look smart later on :lol:

http://oregon.247sports.com/Gallery/Ore ... h-49397380
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Duck24 wrote:Lincoln Riley & PJ Fleck:

Lincoln Riley is an interesting choice, doesn't have a ton of experience, not sure he would be worth the $15 million buyout of Helfrich and assistants.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Chip Kelly
Fleck

Then down the list Willie Taggert
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I haven't been able to find the source, but I've seen Art Briles and Bill Musgrave both tied to the vacancy.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

StevensTechU wrote:I haven't been able to find the source, but I've seen Art Briles and Bill Musgrave both tied to the vacancy.
No way Bill leaves the Raiders in the middle of an NFL playoff run to coach the Ducks. Different time maybe, but no way its gonna happen this year.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

StevensTechU wrote:I haven't been able to find the source, but I've seen Art Briles and Bill Musgrave both tied to the vacancy.
hopefully not....if they were to hire Briles i would change teams first thing...Musgrave was a good
qb for the ducks but his offenses often are boring...I hope Fleck gets the job.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

duckfan22 wrote:
hopefully not....if they were to hire Briles i would change teams first thing...Musgrave was a good
Oh we can talk reality in a different thread. This one is just for laughing at the lunacy of crap that gets thrown at the wall, and to a lesser extent, how we as fans eat up all the nonsense.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

In addition to names above, add Brian Kelly (Notre Dame), Beau Baldwin (Eastern Washington), Dana Holgerson (WVU), Scott Frost.

http://footballscoop.com/news/update-or ... andidates/
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

StevensTechU wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:
Oh we can talk reality in a different thread. This one is just for laughing at the lunacy of crap that gets thrown at the wall, and to a lesser extent, how we as fans eat up all the nonsense.
10-4
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

I'm rowing the boat or winning the day. Every other hire is just boring. (Which is why I don't know jack about football because when I heard we hired some dude from New Hampshire I was thinking, "What a dumb ass hire that is. Who is that dude anyway?).
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Dan Mullen is the first possibility mentioned in this piece: http://thebiglead.com/2016/11/30/5-cand ... ead-coach/.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Mullen, geeze, scraping bottom of barrel there. He got beat by South Alabama (the college my wife attends), I mean, can we just say no?
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

QuackininBama wrote:Mullen, geeze, scraping bottom of barrel there. He got beat by South Alabama (the college my wife attends), I mean, can we just say no?
I guess the "argument" on that website for Mullen is as follows:

"Mullen is as proven a head coach as Oregon will find. He’s finished Top 15 twice at Mississippi State, the worst SEC West job. He’s gotten the Bulldogs to No. 1 in the nation. Mullen has an extensive list of developed college quarterbacks, including Dallas Cowboys neophyte Dak Prescott. He’s brought capable defensive coordinators to Starkville and sent a bunch of defensive players to the early rounds of the NFL Draft. Mullen is a northerner. Whether it’s ambition or cultural fit, his name comes up a lot. While it feels like he’s been around forever, he’s only 44."