Flight Plan Sleuthing

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck24
Senior

Flight Plan Sleuthing

Post by Duck24 »

This might be an epic troll job by someone but there is a flight plan logged with the FAA from South Bend, Indiana to Eugene. The tail number doesn't have any other flights logged to it which leads me to believe it's a troll job but I'll keep an eye on it.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N835ND
GoDucks92
Two Star Recruit

Re: Flight Plan Sleuthing

Post by GoDucks92 »

I'm not sure how authentic it is. I am in the aviation field and have filed flight plans and you can make a flight plan with a fake tail number. I just don't know what the point of it would be....

N835ND does not appear to be a registered tail number with the FAA and does not pull up any info in the database except the following:

FAA REGISTRY
N-Number Inquiry Results
N835ND is Not Assigned/Reserved

On a side note, I pray that we don't go after Brian Kelly....
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

GoDucks92 wrote:I'm not sure how authentic it is. I am in the aviation field and have filed flight plans and you can make a flight plan with a fake tail number. I just don't know what the point of it would be....

N835ND does not appear to be a registered tail number with the FAA and does not pull up any info in my database.

FAA REGISTRY
N-Number Inquiry Results
N835ND is Not Assigned/Reserved

On a side note, I pray that we don't go after Brian Kelly. That would be awful....
Ok thanks for the clarification. I'm a plane nerd but not sure the logistics of filing flight plans and fake tail numbers. Certainly happy it's nothing.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

That supposed flight plan seems to have originated on a reddit thread about Brian Kelly heading to Oregon, much of which was based on them wanting him gone.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

greenyellow wrote:That supposed flight plan seems to have originated on a reddit thread about Brian Kelly heading to Oregon, much of which was based on them wanting him gone.
Don't hate on Reddit, that's how we got Joey Freshwater.
Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Post by Handsome Dan »

This isn't very productive for our search because all of Nike's private jets are blocked from tracking on Flightaware.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Once my kid goes down for the night, I was going to look at the departing flights out of Eugene from today and see if anything looked interesting. Bummer about the Nike jets being blocked, I heard that somewhere before but wasn't sure if it was true. Let's hope he isn't using a Nike jet so we can create our own rumors hah.
Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Post by Handsome Dan »

Yep, I tried tracking N1KE last night and got told that it "wasn't available" for tracking. I didn't try the registration numbers that weren't for Phil Knight's personal aircraft, but I assumed those were also blocked.
GoDucks92
Two Star Recruit

Post by GoDucks92 »

As said above, Nike has paid to have all of their aircraft tracking blocked. Most Fortune 500 companies do the same.
Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Post by Handsome Dan »

GoDucks92 wrote:As said above, Nike has paid to have all of their aircraft tracking blocked. Most Fortune 500 companies do the same.
Said above where?
srduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by srduck »

A very common practice Dan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GoDucks92
Two Star Recruit

Post by GoDucks92 »

Handsome Dan wrote:
GoDucks92 wrote:As said above, Nike has paid to have all of their aircraft tracking blocked. Most Fortune 500 companies do the same.
Said above where?
I was actually just confirming your own post. :)
Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Post by Handsome Dan »

GoDucks92 wrote:
Handsome Dan wrote:
Said above where?
I was actually just confirming your own post. :)
Oh lol my bad. Thanks! :)
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Couple of years ago I was able to trail Kilkenny's jet on Flightaware (lost topic, don't even want to take a look back). Don't remember the numeric numbers, but it ended in Papa Kilo, and all destinations made sense at that point in time. Not sure if he is now going with blind N numbers on flight plans, but you have to think his plane is busy as well.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Everythingsducky wrote:Couple of years ago I was able to trail Kilkenny's jet on Flightaware (lost topic, don't even want to take a look back). Don't remember the numeric numbers, but it ended in Papa Kilo, and all destinations made sense at that point in time. Not sure if he is now going with blind N numbers on flight plans, but you have to think his plane is busy as well.
Search function on here works well. N228PK but it can't be tracked.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5969&hilit=Flight+plan