Chip Kelly

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: Chip Kelly

Post by GrandpaDuck »

DAT_man_again wrote:http://oregon.247sports.com/Board/45/Co ... --49317559

I found the thread, but it's VIP. F**cking DT :evil:

Is anyone a subscriber? Would like to hear what the guy has to say .

I think they are having a free promotion thru the end of the month, but as i have a habit of not cancelling things until after it shows up on my credit card, I didn't do it.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:http://oregon.247sports.com/Board/45/Co ... --49317559

I found the thread, but it's VIP. F**cking DT :evil:

Is anyone a subscriber? Would like to hear what the guy has to say .

I think they are having a free promotion thru the end of the month, but as i have a habit of not cancelling things until after it shows up on my credit card, I didn't do it.
A couple guys checked their sources and said there's no chance. Nothing really is being said other than some opinions here and there.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

I dunno, there may be something to the Chippy rumors:
On Tuesday, Oregon athletic director Rob Mullens said the team's new coach wouldn't come from the current staff, signaling for the first time in 40 years that Oregon is looking for a head coach outside of its own staff.

However, when asked if the coach might come from Oregon's coaching tree, he said: "That coaching tree has a lot of branches. It doesn't necessarily have to, but I anticipate it won't have to come from within the staff, if that's what you're asking. There's lots of branches to the history of that staff. It could come from a branch."
KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

Duck24 wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
Duck24 wrote:So then the question becomes where is this QB11 guy getting his info? Isn't he normally spot on with his inside info?
QB11? Can you help me out here? Who is QB 11?
He's a poster on another board. Think our KoD but still connected. When he says something is going to happen, it normally happens. It's more of a surprise when he is wrong, let's just say that. That's the only reason I gave the rumor any credence.
Appreciate the sentiment, but every year I get older, I get less info. More busy with my work and less connected. I still get tidbits now and then. I'm currently hearing 2 names, but I don't believe one of them. I'm not going to report anything until I feel like my info is rock solid. There is too much in the air right now. There are too many moving pieces. And some people who have a say in picking the coach have a hot seat themselves right now.
skdragon1
Two Star Recruit

Post by skdragon1 »

I suppose it's very human. But I completely disagree with this Chip fantasy floating around the fanbase. The idea that yesterday's answer is the solution to today's very different problems is just silly.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I have major reservations about Chip. He's a phenomenal Xs and Os coach, and has the personality to build a great culture. For long term sustained success, you need to be able to recruit, and it's well documented that he hates it.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

We all love what Chip did here. At the time he was cutting edge on offense. Played fast and
teams were not ready for it. That culture and times are gone. Almost everyone runs a version of
some kind. The rest of the country is catching up in facilities and uni's. Its time for a new direction.
With Chips dislike for recruiting is a huge issue for me. We need coaches that have a great rep as
recruiters. New direction is scary but its needed.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Hard for me to have reservations about Chip. He would be fantastic. My only concern is whether he would be a long term solution. I'd prefer a guy who would be here for many years.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

pezsez1 wrote:Hard for me to have reservations about Chip. He would be fantastic. My only concern is whether he would be a long term solution. I'd prefer a guy who would be here for many years.
I agree with you Pez but I just don't see this next coach as a long term hire. If whoever we hire comes in and turns this around in a couple years and gets us back in the Pac12 championship game or playoff then he will likely get poached by a Texas, ND, or some other large school in need that can offer better recruiting, etc. That was really the only great thing about Helfrich, he wasn't going anywhere.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Thats the chance you take with coaches these days. Remember Chip when he first
got here and it was like who the hell is this guy? Then all of sudden he was very popular.
Anybody that we get we will run the chance of being poached if we make it back to the top.
Just the nature of the beast in todays climate.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

pezsez1 wrote:Hard for me to have reservations about Chip. He would be fantastic. My only concern is whether he would be a long term solution. I'd prefer a guy who would be here for many years.
I agree the the other post Pez, short term coaches are the way of top 10 programs. I haven't put much thought into this but other than Sabah I can't think of a long term top ten coach. Maybe Jimbo Fisher, not sure how long he's been there. I wouldn't consider Oklahoma a top ten team, maybe top 15. There may be other coaches but like I said just of the top of my head.
Oregonian
Four Star Recruit

Post by Oregonian »

If Chip comes back after runs with 2 different NFL teams, it's because he's decided he wants to build a collegiate legacy and Oregon is the place he is going to do it. You can't flame out like that in the NFL and leave for a college you have a history with and expect to do anything other than that. The way his Eagles run ended on top of how poor of a record the 49ers are sporting this season - no way you can expect to have a chance to come back to the NFL. He's gotta know that.
lawduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by lawduck »

KingofDucks wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
Duck24 wrote:So then the question becomes where is this QB11 guy getting his info? Isn't he normally spot on with his inside info?
He's a poster on another board. Think our KoD but still connected. When he says something is going to happen, it normally happens. It's more of a surprise when he is wrong, let's just say that. That's the only reason I gave the rumor any credence.
Appreciate the sentiment, but every year I get older, I get less info. More busy with my work and less connected. I still get tidbits now and then. I'm currently hearing 2 names, but I don't believe one of them. I'm not going to report anything until I feel like my info is rock solid. There is too much in the air right now. There are too many moving pieces. And some people who have a say in picking the coach have a hot seat themselves right now.
KOD-Just out of curiosity, is the one you don't believe a good thing or bad? In other words, he's so great I can't believe he's in the mix or I can't believe we would stoop that low?
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

lawduck wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
KOD-Just out of curiosity, is the one you don't believe a good thing or bad? In other words, he's so great I can't believe he's in the mix or I can't believe we would stoop that low?
I hope Stoop wasn't a play on words. :lol:
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I'd take stoop as a DC. And he's a phenomenal recruiter.