KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Re: Chip Kelly

Post by KingofDucks »

lawduck wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
Duck24 wrote:So then the question becomes where is this QB11 guy getting his info? Isn't he normally spot on with his inside info?
QB11? Can you help me out here? Who is QB 11?
He's a poster on another board. Think our KoD but still connected. When he says something is going to happen, it normally happens. It's more of a surprise when he is wrong, let's just say that. That's the only reason I gave the rumor any credence.
Appreciate the sentiment, but every year I get older, I get less info. More busy with my work and less connected. I still get tidbits now and then. I'm currently hearing 2 names, but I don't believe one of them. I'm not going to report anything until I feel like my info is rock solid. There is too much in the air right now. There are too many moving pieces. And some people who have a say in picking the coach have a hot seat themselves right now.
KOD-Just out of curiosity, is the one you don't believe a good thing or bad? In other words, he's so great I can't believe he's in the mix or I can't believe we would stoop that low?
Too good to be true
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

KingofDucks wrote:
lawduck wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
Duck24 wrote:So then the question becomes where is this QB11 guy getting his info? Isn't he normally spot on with his inside info?
QB11? Can you help me out here? Who is QB 11?
He's a poster on another board. Think our KoD but still connected. When he says something is going to happen, it normally happens. It's more of a surprise when he is wrong, let's just say that. That's the only reason I gave the rumor any credence.
Appreciate the sentiment, but every year I get older, I get less info. More busy with my work and less connected. I still get tidbits now and then. I'm currently hearing 2 names, but I don't believe one of them. I'm not going to report anything until I feel like my info is rock solid. There is too much in the air right now. There are too many moving pieces. And some people who have a say in picking the coach have a hot seat themselves right now.
KOD-Just out of curiosity, is the one you don't believe a good thing or bad? In other words, he's so great I can't believe he's in the mix or I can't believe we would stoop that low?
Too good to be true
That's a relief. I went to bed thinking it was something bad.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

greenyellow wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:
lawduck wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote: QB11? Can you help me out here? Who is QB 11?
Too good to be true
KOD could it possibly be the same ridiculous name I was told?
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

TualatinDuck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:
lawduck wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:
Duck24 wrote: He's a poster on another board. Think our KoD but still connected. When he says something is going to happen, it normally happens. It's more of a surprise when he is wrong, let's just say that. That's the only reason I gave the rumor any credence.
Too good to be true
What is the ridiculous name you heard?
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

DAT_man_again wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:
lawduck wrote:
KingofDucks wrote: Appreciate the sentiment, but every year I get older, I get less info. More busy with my work and less connected. I still get tidbits now and then. I'm currently hearing 2 names, but I don't believe one of them. I'm not going to report anything until I feel like my info is rock solid. There is too much in the air right now. There are too many moving pieces. And some people who have a say in picking the coach have a hot seat themselves right now.
Too good to be true
Urban Meyer? Pete Carroll? Bill Belichick? Mike Ditka? What other ridiculous names could we throw around?
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

DAT_man_again wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:
lawduck wrote:
KingofDucks wrote: Appreciate the sentiment, but every year I get older, I get less info. More busy with my work and less connected. I still get tidbits now and then. I'm currently hearing 2 names, but I don't believe one of them. I'm not going to report anything until I feel like my info is rock solid. There is too much in the air right now. There are too many moving pieces. And some people who have a say in picking the coach have a hot seat themselves right now.
Too good to be true
Id really rather not say as it is that far out there. I did mention it in another thread with the disclaimer it could have just been drunk talk from a former player.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

TualatinDuck wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:
lawduck wrote: KOD-Just out of curiosity, is the one you don't believe a good thing or bad? In other words, he's so great I can't believe he's in the mix or I can't believe we would stoop that low?
Too good to be true
Id really rather not say as it is that far out there. I did mention it in another thread with the disclaimer it could have just been drunk talk from a former player.
Urban Meyer for those who dont know how to use the search function.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Urban Meyer for those who dont know how to use the search function
I heard Urban from three different media sources today, I would be shocked, but it would be sweet. Two reports stated Meyer and Knight a pretty good friends and that's why Phil was at the Michigan Ohio St game. Again I don't think there's a chance in Hell, just what I have heard from shock Jocks...........but would love it. $$$$$$ talk.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Thats the dumbest rumor I've ever heard. Thanks you KOD for not reposting such a ludicrous rumor.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:
Urban Meyer for those who dont know how to use the search function.
Sounds like the former player is a victim of the telephone game. Someone let's it slip that Schiano is a candidate. Someone else says, "I can't say who, but let's just say it's a big name coach from Ohio State". Next guy says we're locking up Urban Meyer and it goes from there. I'd love it to be true, but things behind the scenes at tOSU would have to be near nuclear meltdown for Urban to leave, and even then he still might not. tOSU would likely match anything we threw at him, so money wouldn't be the motivator.
soduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by soduck »

John Gruden? :)
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

I mean, we did try to hire Tom Izzo away from Michigan State at one point. So I wouldn't be too shocked to learn that we actually did give Urban an offer even knowing there was absolutely no chance of him actually accepting...
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

desertfan wrote:I mean, we did try to hire Tom Izzo away from Michigan State at one point. So I wouldn't be too shocked to learn that we actually did give Urban an offer even knowing there was absolutely no chance of him actually accepting...
Just because there's a goalie, doesn't mean you can't score, right? :lol:
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Chuckie Gruden has been my dream from the beginning, but yeah, most likely too good to be anything close to true.

Fleck is my #1 realistic choice by far. Followed by Taggart/Oklahoma OC.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Duck24 wrote:
desertfan wrote:I mean, we did try to hire Tom Izzo away from Michigan State at one point. So I wouldn't be too shocked to learn that we actually did give Urban an offer even knowing there was absolutely no chance of him actually accepting...
Just because there's a goalie, doesn't mean you can't score, right? :lol:
Hell we talked to Gruden about the OC job before hiring Helfrich for it. Never hurts to ask.

It would have been thoroughly stunning but Gary Andersen left Wisconsin to go to Oregon State. No really, it happened. No I mean it he did. I saw it on the internet.