According to poster on Duck Territory

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Re: According to poster on Duck Territory

Post by DAT_man_again »

So I caved in and got that 7 day free trial. All of the guys who have inside info said CK had agreed to come back some time on Tuesday. But then he had second thoughts. And now it's pretty much a done deal that it will be Fleck. We will meet with him either late today after his game or tomorrow. Oregon wants the deal done by Sunday.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Fleck is a little annoying, haha. But I'm OK with it as long as he's a good dude and a good football coach, which all indications seem to be that he is.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

I'm curious if they still go after Schiano as a DC? Nike wasn't at tOSU game to watch it, I don't care what anyone says. Maybe I'm still dreaming about that combination.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I like the Dabo Swinney comparison for Fleck. Needs to surround himself with strong Xs and Os types (Chad Morris, Brent Venables).
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

DAT_man_again wrote:So I caved in and got that 7 day free trial. All of the guys who have inside info said CK had agreed to come back some time on Tuesday. But then he had second thoughts. And now it's pretty much a done deal that it will be Fleck. We will meet with him either late today after his game or tomorrow. Oregon wants the deal done by Sunday.
Thank you for the info!
I was thinking about pulling that trigger but there's already someone there as FLDuck so I'd need a new name. lol I'd rather donate to the paypal link here than pay for the 247 subscription.
BTJ201
Three Star Recruit

Post by BTJ201 »

FlDuckFan wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:So I caved in and got that 7 day free trial. All of the guys who have inside info said CK had agreed to come back some time on Tuesday. But then he had second thoughts. And now it's pretty much a done deal that it will be Fleck. We will meet with him either late today after his game or tomorrow. Oregon wants the deal done by Sunday.
Thank you for the info!
I was thinking about pulling that trigger but there's already someone there as FLDuck so I'd need a new name. lol I'd rather donate to the paypal link here than pay for the 247 subscription.
Yes thanks for taking one for the team!
UofDuck
Senior

According to poster on Duck Territory

Post by UofDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:I like the Dabo Swinney comparison for Fleck. Needs to surround himself with strong Xs and Os types (Chad Morris, Brent Venables).
I agree with this. Dabo and Fleck are very much alike. And yes, they both need good X's and O's guys to succeed.
Cedar Tree
Three Star Recruit

Post by Cedar Tree »

I didn't know anything about PJ Fleck, but after reading through this thread, I took some time to learn more about him... and I LOVE what I saw. Really hoping these Duck Territory posters with inside info are legit.

I think Fleck embodies EXACTLY what this team needs. Heart. Passion. Energy. Excitement. The Ducks still have a lot of talent and a lot of high level recruits, but it just seemed like the energy and enthusiasm were missing this year. A lot of players (especially on defense) looked like they didn't care and were just kind of going through the motions, but he seems like the perfect person to light a fire under their butts and put an end to this.

He's also young, fresh, and different, which is perfect for a program that loves to buck tradition. Hiring someone like him instead of some old, tradition-based geezer with 60 years experience would be so Oregon and be so in-line with the program's culture.

Lastly, on one of the videos I watched, he was speaking to his team and he had a sign up that said "On bad teams, nobody leads. On average teams, coaches lead. On elite teams, players lead." Sound familiar? Just how many players and coaches did we have saying we had a lack of player leadership this year?? And sure enough, the Ducks were bad/average at best...

I'm on board with Fleck 100% and think he'd be an outstanding choice.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

StevensTechU wrote:I like the Dabo Swinney comparison for Fleck. Needs to surround himself with strong Xs and Os types (Chad Morris, Brent Venables).
Clemson's offense has been better after Morris left.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Phenom wrote:
That's the Deshaun Watson being healthy effect. Let's see how they do next year without a Heisman caliber QB.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Duck24 wrote:
Phenom wrote:
That's the Deshaun Watson being healthy effect. Let's see how they do next year without a Heisman caliber QB.
Watson hasn't been Heisman caliber this year.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Phenom wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
Phenom wrote:
Watson hasn't been Heisman caliber this year.
In 3 less games thus far, he has 500 less passing yards, one less TD and one more Int than last year when he was a Heisman finalist. His rushing is way down but I would venture to guess that's by design but he will be a finalist again this year and if he has a great game in the ACC Championship game, might be able to steal it from Lamar Jackson.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

Fleck is only disappointing to me because there were real rumors about Chip.