Personnel/Staff Rumblings, per 247

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Personnel/Staff Rumblings, per 247

Post by StevensTechU »

I don't know why I still get access to seeing all "VIP" content over there, as I'm not a subscriber, but I'll take the glitch and pass this along:

-Royce Freeman is said to be leaning toward coming back if he doesn't get a 1st or 2nd round grade.
-Springs is almost assuredly coming back.
-Darrian Franklin and Tristen Wallace did something to get kicked off the team. Not sure what. (sidenote: freshmen are really stupid)
-John Neal and Gary Campbell are likely to retire. Obviously, Campbell would be a huge loss. Neal's loss puts Oregon in a tough position with this year's recruits, otherwise I'm not concerned.
-Matt Lubick has other options on the table, including Nevada.
Bighonkingduck
Three Star Recruit

Re: Personnel/Staff Rumblings, per 247

Post by Bighonkingduck »

E-Duck is saying possible rape investigation ongoing for wallace and Franklin!
ducks1311
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducks1311 »

StevensTechU wrote:I don't know why I still get access to seeing all "VIP" content over there, as I'm not a subscriber, but I'll take the glitch and pass this along:

-Royce Freeman is said to be leaning toward coming back if he doesn't get a 1st or 2nd round grade.
-Darrian Franklin and Tristen Wallace did something to get kicked off the team. Not sure what. (sidenote: freshmen are really stupid)
-John Neal and Gary Campbell are likely to retire. Obviously, Campbell would be a huge loss. Neal's loss puts Oregon in a tough position with this year's recruits, otherwise I'm not concerned.
Thanks for the info - focusing on the negative, Tristen Wallace is a big loss imo.. I was pumped for that dudes athleticism.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Good news on Freeman, not so good on Wallace. The rest is not surprising. Appreciate the info, thanks.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

StevensTechU wrote:I don't know why I still get access to seeing all "VIP" content over there, as I'm not a subscriber, but I'll take the glitch and pass this along:

Good freaking lord. This team is going to be THIN next year unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat with this recruiting class.

Edit: Rumor is this is bball team group sex/rape accusation part 2???
Last edited by Duck24 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I wondered wth happened to Wallace.

Helf also had a VERY quick hook with these kids. (sometimes unfairly IMO, innocent until proven guilty).
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Been hearing rumors about Wallace and potentially one other FR but hadn't heard of the specific one. Essentially confirms why Wallace and Franklin disappeared from the daily practice reports after being mentioned a lot during fall camp reports and some during the first few weeks of the season. Really sucks to see this happen and I wouldn't be surprised if it played a role in Helf's firing. Whoever is the new coach is going to have to deal with this and then also recruit their butt off to help fill all the holes.
Last edited by greenyellow on Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

People are saying that Neal basically turned to a punk after he was passed over for the DC position. He even sabotaged some of the play calls and told his DBs to do something different...
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phenom wrote:People are saying that Neal basically turned to a punk after he was passed over for the DC position. He even sabotaged some of the play calls and told his DBs to do something different...
Was it after either Pellum or Hoke's hiring or both? It'd suck if that was the case since you'd think Oregon's coaches were beyond being childish in their older age.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

greenyellow wrote:
Phenom wrote:People are saying that Neal basically turned to a punk after he was passed over for the DC position. He even sabotaged some of the play calls and told his DBs to do something different...
Was it after either Pellum or Hoke's hiring or both? It'd suck if that was the case since you'd think Oregon's coaches were beyond being childish in their older age.
Both...
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

This seems really unlike Neal, but if true just further evidence of how dysfunctional things were. I am skeptical though.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
This seems really unlike Neal, but if true just further evidence of how dysfunctional things were. I am skeptical though.
I agree, but that's what all the insiders are saying. It makes sense. I would be pissed if I was passed up by Pellum and Hoke too. That does not justify his actions, however.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
Cmon people. Does this make any sense at all? I strongly doubt it
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

It's hard for me to believe that about Neal as well.

He did almost bolt after Pellum got the DC job, but thought better of it and stayed. I don't recall hearing that he was a serious candidate once Pellum was demoted.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

-Darrian Franklin and Tristen Wallace did something to get kicked off the team. Not sure what. (sidenote: freshmen arke really stupid)
Thanks for the post, I would like to see the police report. No doubt Helf lost the locker room.