Urban, it's never going to happen scenario......

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Urban, it's never going to happen scenario......

Post by Alan »

But the pieces can line up. Again just having fun, not going to happen, it just how my mind works....

1. Phil was at the Ohio St / Michigan game we all assume it was to talk to Schiano...ahh but maybe not. Phil asks" Urb how much do you want to coach Oregon?" Urb says "X million a year!" And to take a line from the Heaven Can Wait movie with Warren Beaty.."the SOB said okay".

2. Mullens is in Texas for the final college football playoff rankings and meeting with interviews.

3. The Buckeyes are not conference champ and not playing in the Big Ten championship game, second or third at best in their conference.

4. Mullens and Urb and others sell the committee on not allowing a non conference champ in the final four, so Bama, the winner of the Big Ten, with luck the Badgers, Clemson and the Huskies. This leaves the Buckeyes with a decent Bowl but they're basically done for the season.

5. Urb says "see ya", let Shiano take the bowl game and starts making calls to recruits and coordinators on his way to the airport! :P

I could happen...okay no way, just a fun thought.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Re: Urban, it's never going to happen scenario......

Post by TualatinDuck »

Really wish I hadn't said anything.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

TualatinDuck wrote:Really wish I hadn't said anything.
Just having fun, I'm wore out from all the posts and media statements saying it's this guy or here's the top few guys, Phil was in Ohio so it has to be this guy, Mullens is in Texas so he has to be meeting withPatterson...please no one take this seriously.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

The best part would be the reaction from Buckeye fans.
huckthefuskies
Three Star Recruit

Post by huckthefuskies »

Alan wrote:But the pieces can line up. Again just having fun, not going to happen, it just how my mind works....

1. Phil was at the Ohio St / Michigan game we all assume it was to talk to Schiano...ahh but maybe not. Phil asks" Urb how much do you want to coach Oregon?" Urb says "X million a year!" And to take a line from the Heaven Can Wait movie with Warren Beaty.."the SOB said okay".

2. Mullens is in Texas for the final college football playoff rankings and meeting with interviews.

3. The Buckeyes are not conference champ and not playing in the Big Ten championship game, second or third at best in their conference.

4. Mullens and Urb and others sell the committee on not allowing a non conference champ in the final four, so Bama, the winner of the Big Ten, with luck the Badgers, Clemson and the Huskies. This leaves the Buckeyes with a decent Bowl but they're basically done for the season.
5. Urb says "see ya", let Shiano take the bowl game and starts making calls to recruits and coordinators on his way to the airport! :P

I could happen...okay no way, just a fun thought.

Funny thing is my boss and I had this debate at work the other day. His take is you take a hc who is making 5 mill a year and offer them 8 and they can not refuse. In my opinion a coach that has been making 5 million a year for sometime does not need money. Sure, they would love to make as much as they can but I think there has to be some other driving force for them to leave their current environment where they are making bank already. In the end I think we agreed to disagree.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I am fine with Urban never going to happen coaching Oregon. Him and Lame Kiffing being on the campus of Penn State recruiting their players when the sanctions announced... and poaching Oregon when Chip Kelly left makes me happy will never coach at Oregon.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

fpsduck wrote:The best part would be the reaction from Buckeye fans.

X 1,000,000
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I am fine with Urban never going to happen coaching Oregon. Him and Lame Kiffing being on the campus of Penn State recruiting their players when the sanctions announced... and poaching Oregon when Chip Kelly left makes me happy will never coach at Oregon.
That and people are calling Fleck a bro, while Urban was evaluating the talent of coeds while at Florida.