Oregon Duck Players & Coaches' Twitter thread

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: Coaches twitter

Post by pudgejeff »

Duck24 wrote:I take it Willie’s ban on Taylor’s has expired? Pretty sure the entire team was there tonight.
Sounds like the whole team is getting suspended
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Taggart got himself some of Nike's self-lacing shoes: Arroyo showing off the team's new Air Jordan XIIIs:
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Jim Leavitt: 1 hour ago: I have a major problem! All out of Pepsi! Gotta have one! So so proud of this team! Offense, Defense, kicking all played well! Tate is really good. Hard preparation. Thanks to Demetri Burch!!!! Go Ducks! OSU Civil War is on!!

I think I rather keep him over Willie if one were to leave, the defense is amazing. Having a defense means sooo much for the whole team, gives the offense more chances.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

thomas time wrote:Jim Leavitt: 1 hour ago: I have a major problem! All out of Pepsi! Gotta have one! So so proud of this team! Offense, Defense, kicking all played well! Tate is really good. Hard preparation. Thanks to Demetri Burch!!!! Go Ducks! OSU Civil War is on!!

I think I rather keep him over Willie if one were to leave, the defense is amazing. Having a defense means sooo much for the whole team, gives the offense more chances.
Leavitt is great. If we can somehow manage to keep him in Eugene 2-3 more years, with the recruits coming in..we'll have a top 10 defense, I have no doubt.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Jim Leavitt‏: Just leaving the office. No tweets. Civil War. Laser Focus. Go Ducks!

As much as I like Willie, I rather keep Jim with how well he turns teams defenses around. The last couple years were painful before he got here.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

thomas time wrote:Jim Leavitt‏: Just leaving the office. No tweets. Civil War. Laser Focus. Go Ducks!

As much as I like Willie, I rather keep Jim with how well he turns teams defenses around. The last couple years were painful before he got here.
If I had to chose between them, I'd take JL...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

nogerO wrote:
thomas time wrote:Jim Leavitt‏: Just leaving the office. No tweets. Civil War. Laser Focus. Go Ducks!

If I had to chose between them, I'd take JL...
If Taggart left I wouldn't be against it. JL was great HC at one point.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Great is an overstatement. He was good. He is not what our program needs at HC. If WT were to leave, I would be pissed if Leavitt took over.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Phenom wrote:Great is an overstatement. He was good. He is not what our program needs at HC. If WT were to leave, I would be pissed if Leavitt took over.
Maybe. USF was never great but he did build them from literally nothing into a good mid-major. They set the record for shortest time between joining the FCS and being ranked in the top 25 and top 10. Obviously I prefer Willie, and other coaches too, but I think Leavitt could do a good job if we needed him to.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
Phenom wrote:Great is an overstatement. He was good. He is not what our program needs at HC. If WT were to leave, I would be pissed if Leavitt took over.
Maybe. USF was never great but he did build them from literally nothing into a good mid-major. They set the record for shortest time between joining the FCS and being ranked in the top 25 and top 10. Obviously I prefer Willie, and other coaches too, but I think Leavitt could do a good job if we needed him to.
If we get stuck holding the bag, and to be clear I don’t think we do, but go get Norvell or Campbell and try to keep the staff.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

GrantDuck wrote:
thomas time wrote:Jim Leavitt: 1 hour ago: I have a major problem! All out of Pepsi! Gotta have one! So so proud of this team! Offense, Defense, kicking all played well! Tate is really good. Hard preparation. Thanks to Demetri Burch!!!! Go Ducks! OSU Civil War is on!!

Leavitt is great. If we can somehow manage to keep him in Eugene 2-3 more years, with the recruits coming in..we'll have a top 10 defense, I have no doubt.

"The recruits coming in" is where I am most concerned with Willie staying here. His departure could have a chilling effect on their attraction to Oregon.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

I get the threat of FSU, but honestly what more could he want. His bank account is obviously just fine. He has an amazing staff here. He has a stud QB. He has a defense no one honestly expected. He has a lot of youngin's coming back next year with a lot of game experience. He's putting together a great recruiting class and who really knows if he could do any better recruiting at FSU. He has amazing facilities. He has Phil Knight as a friend and mentor. I mean other than wanting to go back and live in Florida where its hot, humid and full of bugs, I don't think he can do much better anywhere at this point in his career.

Maybe he's just enamored with going back and coaching in the ACC?
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

EncinitasDuck wrote:I get the threat of FSU, but honestly what more could he want. His bank account is obviously just fine. He has an amazing staff here. He has a stud QB. He has a defense no one honestly expected. He has a lot of youngin's coming back next year with a lot of game experience. He's putting together a great recruiting class and who really knows if he could do any better recruiting at FSU. He has amazing facilities. He has Phil Knight as a friend and mentor. I mean other than wanting to go back and live in Florida where its hot, humid and full of bugs, I don't think he can do much better anywhere at this point in his career.

Maybe he's just enamored with going back and coaching in the ACC?
this.... no one but Willie knows what he wants
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

FWIW Fishers son said ESPN doesn’t know what the are talking about, and his dad isn’t leaving FSU.