New Strength Coach - Irele Oderinde

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duckenstein
Freshman

Re: New Strength Coach - Irele Oderinde

Post by Duckenstein »

duckduckgoose wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Were they really just sitting around since the coaches got fired though? I'd expect that wasn't the case.
Not sitting around, though I'm sure some were. But they were at home for about a month. I'm sure they were hitting local gyms and whatnot. But very few kids have the discipline to nail a tough workout without someone looking over their shoulders.

Have you known college athletes? Some work hard all the time. Some work hard part of the time. Some take time completely off when they aren't forced to work. It's a grind, and many kids are glad to forget about football for a fewer to l weeks.
This is just one more reason Helfrich had to go. I used to love that the Ducks were the better conditioned team, wearing down the opponent in the second half of games and imposing their will on the other team. I thought that the difference was attributed to a more pass oriented offense, which slows down the games (incomplete passes allowing substitutions etc.). But it sounds like it can be attributed to a systemic change in attitude about conditioning alluded to in the Oregonian article the other day. Sounds like coach WT is just what the doctor is ordered! Here's to more Cal faking injuries to slow down the juggernaut in the near future!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We went from the team in the best shape, owning the 2nd half, to the team in the worst shape, deflating in the 2nd half.

Looking forward to a team that wants it.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... pital.html

Sent 3 players to the hospital. Wow, wake up call guys, you are going to work your butts off this off season.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

buckmarkduck wrote:http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... pital.html

Sent 3 players to the hospital. Wow, wake up call guys, you are going to work your butts off this off season.
My bet is those guys haven't been in a gym since the last week of football season.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duckenstein wrote:

My bet is those guys haven't been in a gym since the last week of football season.

Not a good look, recruits moms don't want to read about players in the hospital due to workouts.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Alan wrote:
Duckenstein wrote:

Not a good look, recruits moms don't want to read about players in the hospital due to workouts.
That's what I'm thinking. Parents don't want to have to worry about their child's health during basic workouts so I bet the performance staff and the new S&C team will have to change some stuff so this doesn't happen again.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

This didn't happen to the players at USF, it seems UO players are soft.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

buckmarkduck wrote:This didn't happen to the players at USF, it seems UO players are soft.
Get the feeling helf didn't hold anyone accountable for not exercising

Pontius
Three Star Recruit

Post by Pontius »

buckmarkduck wrote:This didn't happen to the players at USF, it seems UO players are soft.
Or the current coach is overcompensating, trying to make an impression. It might have actually been a tactical error on his part, and not something to be casual about.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Pontius wrote:
Or the current coach is overcompensating, trying to make an impression. It might have actually been a tactical error on his part, and not something to be casual about.
Or the players are over working themselves, if Crosby is to be believed. And it wasn't the workout itself or the new coach.
laxattack22
One Star Recruit

Post by laxattack22 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Pontius wrote:
Or the players are over working themselves,if Crosby is to be believed. And it wasn't the workout itself or the new coach.

"If Crosby is to be believed"..

Link?.....
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Here's the tweets he referencing: And here's one from Mattrell McGraw:
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Glad the workouts are being taken up a notch. I'm not concerned about Oderinde's abilities as long as this doesn't happen again. He needs help players understand their limits while teaching how to safely break them.
Willie Taggart is a dick.