Pretty Sobering Account of What Transpired Last Season

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GoDucksIn09
Senior

Re: Pretty Sobering Account of What Transpired Last Season

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Zac... welcome to the board. It is neat having a former player here who has experience from the inside. Many of us here have been long time duck fans and many remember you being on the field. It is nice having someone with that perspective. Forgive me if my question is naïve. I am merely curious. If you graduated in 2011... did you ever see or meet Mariota . I think he was either a 2011 duck or 2012 duck. Just curious what impressions were of him. As a pure fan think the love fest over him being Oregon's first Heisman not likely to end. He seems very down to earth. I hope you stick a round. You have a perspective that probably none of us have.
z99clark11
One Star Recruit

Post by z99clark11 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:Zac... welcome to the board. It is neat having a former player here who has experience from the inside. Many of us here have been long time duck fans and many remember you being on the field. It is nice having someone with that perspective. Forgive me if my question is naïve. I am merely curious. If you graduated in 2011... did you ever see or meet Mariota . I think he was either a 2011 duck or 2012 duck. Just curious what impressions were of him. As a pure fan think the love fest over him being Oregon's first Heisman not likely to end. He seems very down to earth. I hope you stick a round. You have a perspective that probably none of us have.
I didn't meet him when I was a player, but when I worked there I got the chance to talk with him and hang around him. Great player. Great person. Great at FIFA. Poor at ping pong.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

z99clark11 wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:Zac... welcome to the board. It is neat having a former player here who has experience from the inside. Many of us here have been long time duck fans and many remember you being on the field. It is nice having someone with that perspective. Forgive me if my question is naïve. I am merely curious. If you graduated in 2011... did you ever see or meet Mariota . I think he was either a 2011 duck or 2012 duck. Just curious what impressions were of him. As a pure fan think the love fest over him being Oregon's first Heisman not likely to end. He seems very down to earth. I hope you stick a round. You have a perspective that probably none of us have.
I didn't meet him when I was a player, but when I worked there I got the chance to talk with him and hang around him. Great player. Great person. Great at FIFA. Poor at ping pong.
Another long time fan here, going back to the Chris Miller days. I second the thoughts of how nice it is to have someone with your prospective here, welcome and I hope you stick around. That's humorous on Mariota and ping pong since one of the Hiesman House commercials featured him playing ping pong.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

So your saying if we get the chance, challenge Marcus to ping pong. Got it!
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Post by Handsome Dan »

z99clark11 wrote:
Which sides did he prefer in club and international? Inquiring minds need to know if he has any faults (such as liking Arsenal or Chelsea). Also, what types of goals was he most adept at scoring? I'd imagine he approached deity-tier with his vision for through balls.
Last edited by Handsome Dan on Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

Thanks Zac. It's always interesting to hear what transpired behind the scenes. Duck fans that follow recruiting suspected issues, but your thoughts (and the articles in the aftermath) have reinforced that there were a lot of problems with Oregon football. Thankfully, Taggart seems to be pushing Oregon in the right direction.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
dwysywd
One Star Recruit

Post by dwysywd »

We all heard these rumors come out during the season, but to now know most were actually true, is very disappointing to read. Imagine if we did hire Chip back, we'd still have the same staff on board and weak recruiting classes.
"Let your dreams be bigger than your fears and your actions be louder than your words" - Willie Taggart