Three Star Recruit

Re: Cristobal to Oregon!

Post by Lightning Strikes »

Who's coaching special teams?
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Great hire. So far Taggert is putting together a really good coaching staff. I still have the same concerns I did a couple of weeks ago though. On paper this all looks wonderful and great. On paper though can be totally different from reality though. So far no major recruit that is committed elsewhere has flipped due to the coaches Oregon has got. That might change but as of right now it has not changed any 4 or 5 star recruits flipping to Oregon. Secondly we do not know how all these good hires will work together. It is great in January but they have not played a single game together so do not know how the chemistry will be. Thirdly, when the team loses a game or two... what will the coaches be doing to fix it, and what about the players. There are many unknowns right now. On paper though this looks really good. I hope the on paper translates to the field and also translates to major top tiered recruits wanting to play here.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:Great hire. So far Taggert is putting together a really good coaching staff. I still have the same concerns I did a couple of weeks ago though. On paper this all looks wonderful and great. On paper though can be totally different from reality though. So far no major recruit that is committed elsewhere has flipped due to the coaches Oregon has got. That might change but as of right now it has not changed any 4 or 5 star recruits flipping to Oregon. Secondly we do not know how all these good hires will work together. It is great in January but they have not played a single game together so do not know how the chemistry will be. Thirdly, when the team loses a game or two... what will the coaches be doing to fix it, and what about the players. There are many unknowns right now. On paper though this looks really good. I hope the on paper translates to the field and also translates to major top tiered recruits wanting to play here.
Braxton Burmeister
Graham went from Oregon not in the picture to Oregon it is with one home visit
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Braxton... is a 3 star and has close ties to Akili.... Graham was not committed before if I remember correctly. Oregon thrown a lot of offers out there to some big time recruits that are committed elsewhere. My point was trying to make is that none of them so far have flipped. I would love to see that change but am keeping my hopes of that as being very low and hope that I am wrong.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:Braxton... is a 3 star and has close ties to Akili.... Graham was not committed before if I remember correctly. Oregon thrown a lot of offers out there to some big time recruits that are committed elsewhere. My point was trying to make is that none of them so far have flipped. I would love to see that change but am keeping my hopes of that as being very low and hope that I am wrong.
Composite 4*.

And the dead period just ended yesterday. :lol:
DTrefUgee
One Star Recruit

Post by DTrefUgee »

Braxton is a 4* on
Rivals, Scout and 24/7.
ESPN has him as a 3*. Just like Marcus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk
Bigducker
Freshman

Post by Bigducker »

DTrefUgee wrote:Braxton is a 4* on
Rivals, Scout and 24/7.
ESPN has him as a 3*. Just like Marcus.

ESPN had Mariota as 2 star AND THE 123th RATED qb!! :oops:
Last edited by Bigducker on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:Great hire. So far Taggert is putting together a really good coaching staff. I still have the same concerns I did a couple of weeks ago though. On paper this all looks wonderful and great. On paper though can be totally different from reality though. So far no major recruit that is committed elsewhere has flipped due to the coaches Oregon has got. That might change but as of right now it has not changed any 4 or 5 star recruits flipping to Oregon. Secondly we do not know how all these good hires will work together. It is great in January but they have not played a single game together so do not know how the chemistry will be. Thirdly, when the team loses a game or two... what will the coaches be doing to fix it, and what about the players. There are many unknowns right now. On paper though this looks really good. I hope the on paper translates to the field and also translates to major top tiered recruits wanting to play here.
After the season we just went through, you'd probably better just enjoy the enthusiasm and let yourself and other people have a good time. Now is the time for excitement. Wait till we have some games under our belt for this stuff. You don't have to bring yourself or anybody down by looking for chinks in the armor. You can enjoy...ifuwant2
DTrefUgee
One Star Recruit

Post by DTrefUgee »

Your right. They did! Those bastards! ESPN=[PILE OF POO]

chipkellysballs
Two Star Recruit

Post by chipkellysballs »

buckmarkduck wrote:The budget actually was said to be up to 4,000,000+. If never said 4mill was as high as they would go.
Stop. It's not 4M+, no one worth citing has said that.

"Former coach Mark Helfrich's nine assistants earned a combined $3.6 million in 2016, but athletic director Rob Mullens has said UO wanted Taggart to be able to spend between $3.7 and $4 million."

Posted January 13th aka TODAY
Source: http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... lavea.html
chipkellysballs
Two Star Recruit

Post by chipkellysballs »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:Braxton... is a 3 star and has close ties to Akili.... Graham was not committed before if I remember correctly. Oregon thrown a lot of offers out there to some big time recruits that are committed elsewhere. My point was trying to make is that none of them so far have flipped. I would love to see that change but am keeping my hopes of that as being very low and hope that I am wrong.
Dude cmon now Braxton is definitely a 4 star. One site out of four saying he's a 3 star doesn't change that especially when it's ESPN, the worst grader of all four. Also not only is he a 4 star that flipped but he's an EE 4 star that flipped and signed the first day after the dead period ended. That's pretty damn impressive.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

chipkellysballs wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:The budget actually was said to be up to 4,000,000+. If never said 4mill was as high as they would go.
Stop. It's not 4M+, no one worth citing has said that.

"Former coach Mark Helfrich's nine assistants earned a combined $3.6 million in 2016, but athletic director Rob Mullens has said UO wanted Taggart to be able to spend between $3.7 and $4 million."

Posted January 13th aka TODAY
Source: http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... lavea.html
I'm not going to see him every tweet, but there was one that said 4+. And I'll bet we end up over the 4mill mark. Especially once they vote for a 10th assistant to be added.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seccou ... oregon/amp

Great article on why MC came to UO. Tells you everything we need to know about how coaches feel about Taggart.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Here's another 4* possible flip to keep your eye on. He's here this weekend.

http://www.scout.com/player/195983-kamilo-tongamoa