Cristobal to Oregon!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

squintsdd
Sophomore

Re: Cristobal to Oregon!

Post by squintsdd »

buckmarkduck wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:Great hire. So far Taggert is putting together a really good coaching staff. I still have the same concerns I did a couple of weeks ago though. On paper this all looks wonderful and great. On paper though can be totally different from reality though. So far no major recruit that is committed elsewhere has flipped due to the coaches Oregon has got. That might change but as of right now it has not changed any 4 or 5 star recruits flipping to Oregon. Secondly we do not know how all these good hires will work together. It is great in January but they have not played a single game together so do not know how the chemistry will be. Thirdly, when the team loses a game or two... what will the coaches be doing to fix it, and what about the players. There are many unknowns right now. On paper though this looks really good. I hope the on paper translates to the field and also translates to major top tiered recruits wanting to play here.
Here's another 4* possible flip to keep your eye on. He's here this weekend.

http://www.scout.com/player/195983-kamilo-tongamoa
That's there is a big kid.
Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Post by Handsome Dan »

squintsdd wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:Great hire. So far Taggert is putting together a really good coaching staff. I still have the same concerns I did a couple of weeks ago though. On paper this all looks wonderful and great. On paper though can be totally different from reality though. So far no major recruit that is committed elsewhere has flipped due to the coaches Oregon has got. That might change but as of right now it has not changed any 4 or 5 star recruits flipping to Oregon. Secondly we do not know how all these good hires will work together. It is great in January but they have not played a single game together so do not know how the chemistry will be. Thirdly, when the team loses a game or two... what will the coaches be doing to fix it, and what about the players. There are many unknowns right now. On paper though this looks really good. I hope the on paper translates to the field and also translates to major top tiered recruits wanting to play here.
Here's another 4* possible flip to keep your eye on. He's here this weekend.

http://www.scout.com/player/195983-kamilo-tongamoa
That's there is a big kid.
This seems like an absolutely essential flip if the DL is as bad as indicated in the other thread (I don't know nearly enough about DL play right now to offer an opinion on it). It sucks that we have to steal him from Iowa State, though, because 30 years ago Oregon would be the program that manages to get in early on a JuCo diamond in the rough and then is unable to keep him when a richer program with suaver recruiters gets his attention. Such the moral dilemma it is being the fan of a major program. :(
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Cristobal shares why he left Alabama for Oregon: http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... iver_index
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

[quote="DTrefUgee"]Your right. They did! Those bastards! ESPN=[PILE OF POO]

Like your screen name.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Phenom wrote: Braxton Burmeister
Graham went from Oregon not in the picture to Oregon it is with one home visit
Mm..... and his girlfriend committing to run track for UO..
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:Cristobal shares why he left Alabama for Oregon: http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... iver_index
"This is one I felt really strongly about because of the head football coach, coach Taggart, and the other assistant coaches who I've known from competing against them back when I was a head coach myself," Cristobal told the Tuscaloosa News on Friday. "My familiarity with them, the way that they want to run a program and the ability to help a university in a capacity that's different: one that that gives me an opportunity to show growth and develop men. Those are things I learned here under coach Saban."

Those are very respectable things to say about our coach. Taggart has a really good rep, and I think that's why he's been able to turn in an exceptional class.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13