Salave'a officially hired as DL coach

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Salave'a officially hired as DL coach

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon has officially announced that Joe Salave'a is now part of Taggart's staff. Big time hire.

http://www.goducks.com/news/2017/1/12/f ... coach.aspx
Alan
Senior

Re: Salave'a officially hired as DL coach

Post by Alan »

Thanks for the post and link, good to have Salave'a inked and on board. I saw a tweet from Justin Hopkins stating he will be traveling to Oregon tomorrow, I don't know if that's good info or traveling from where? Pullman or somewhere recruiting for the Ducks. Now get Mario inked and on the road seeing recruits.
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

Does Hopkins have a new twitter handle?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks10 wrote:Does Hopkins have a new twitter handle?
https://twitter.com/JHopkins541
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

Thank you!
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Time to go and get some of the poly big boys on the d-line now...gonna need them with Stanford picking up a pair of 5 star offensive tackles.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Oregon needs to take advantage of the satellite camps. Having one in Florida, Hawaii and LA would definitely be a boost.
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Post by scoducks »

Duck07 wrote:Oregon needs to take advantage of the satellite camps. Having one in Florida, Hawaii and LA would definitely be a boost.
Has Taggart ever commentated on hosting Oregon satellite camps? Don't think I have heard of him talk about it
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

scoducks wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Oregon needs to take advantage of the satellite camps. Having one in Florida, Hawaii and LA would definitely be a boost.
Has Taggart ever commentated on hosting Oregon satellite camps? Don't think I have heard of him talk about it
On top of that, how involved is Oregon with the Nike camp held every summer. (Can't remember the name and too lazy to look now, 9" of snow and 22 degrees).
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:
scoducks wrote:
On top of that, how involved is Oregon with the Nike camp held every summer. (Can't remember the name and too lazy to look now, 9" of snow and 22 degrees).
The Opening is a Nike event and while recruits are free to talk about their choices, it's not an event used to recruit players to school but one for them to stand out against top competition.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned that Salave'a was also named assistant head coach, the same position he had in Pullman the last two years.
Bigducker
Freshman

Post by Bigducker »

Duck07 wrote:
Alan wrote:
scoducks wrote:
The Opening is a Nike event and while recruits are free to talk about their choices, it's not an event used to recruit players to school but one for them to stand out against top competition.
I would bet that this year more than a few of them take a visit south afterward.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Bigducker wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Alan wrote:
scoducks wrote:
I would bet that this year more than a few of them take a visit south afterward.
Aren't they no longer allowed to visit before/after The Opening? Could have sworn I heard/read that somewhere.
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Post by scoducks »

Duck24 wrote:
Bigducker wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Alan wrote:
scoducks wrote:
Aren't they no longer allowed to visit before/after The Opening? Could have sworn I heard/read that somewhere.
If I am not mistaken.. isn't it during another dead period? Im not too sure, but I think it is
Bigducker
Freshman

Post by Bigducker »

They're allowed to go down there on their own dime unless that changed last year.