How much did expectations increase with the new staff?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

How much did expectations increase with the new staff?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I love WT, but if it weren't for his OC/DC hires and some really solid position coaches hire, I don't think I would have expected much this year. But have things changed from now vs when only WT was hired?

Just curious.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Re: How much did expectations increase with the new staff?

Post by KingofDucks »

I'm expecting an 8-4 season. With potential to compete for the conference title in year 2.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

Definitely up, how far I'm not sure yet. I will get back to you after spring game!
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Post by scoducks »

brich75 wrote:Definitely up, how far I'm not sure yet. I will get back to you after spring game!
Definitely expecting more, but we still have to realize just how empty the cupboard was with the defense... Im expecting improvement due to the quality of coaches, but they can do so much with just how bad our LB's and DL was. After they get their own guys in through recruiting I am expecting much more. Give me 8 wins and ill be pleased.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

With the lack of depth on D and potential attrition ahead I am tempering my expectations for next year. I will be happy with 7-8 wins and a bowl game.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

scoducks wrote:
brich75 wrote:Definitely up, how far I'm not sure yet. I will get back to you after spring game!
Definitely expecting more, but we still have to realize just how empty the cupboard was with the defense... Im expecting improvement due to the quality of coaches, but they can do so much with just how bad our LB's and DL was. After they get their own guys in through recruiting I am expecting much more. Give me 8 wins and ill be pleased.
I just want to see the fire and competition these coaches create. Everyone by the sounds of it will be pushed for their position. The cubbards are a little bare but I'm hoping these coaches can take the athletes we have and make them elite players. 8-9 wins would be great.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Calling my shot now, 10 wins on fire alone!
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

There's a hole in the roof!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

nogerO wrote:There's a hole in the roof!
Lol
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
duckfbfan15
Three Star Recruit

Post by duckfbfan15 »

Agree with KOD. 8-4 is the baseline and where my expectations are. Year two we should be back to 10 wins. Anything more than 8 wins next season is gravy. Just excited that this team is on the bounce back and it shouldn't take long. 8 wins would mean doubling the win total and that is definitely realistic. Also, hope the Defense rises into the 80's or so and they should hit that 8 win mark.

GO HARD, GO OREGON, GO DUCKS!
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

7-8 wins sounds right to me. I think there has to be some growing pains switching both offense and defensive schemes. Plus, there really isn't a ton of talent and depth on defense. Before the season last year, I figured we could get anywhere from 6 to 10 wins. I was considered pessimistic on the boards. This coming season, I'm optimistic that our basement is 7 wins. But if everything goes right we could get 9+ wins. I think as fans we owe it to the new coach not to expect too many wins. Lotta work to do. All we can ask is not to be embarrassing and get to a bowl. We were embarrassing in the majority of our games last year. Not next year.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Expectations will be high and they should be, Coach T has even said as much, he expects nothing less than competing for a conference title. How realistic that will be with the lack of depth, especially on defense is yet to be seen but these coaches will have these kids playing hard and year 2 should be impressive with a year under their belt with these young kids and a full year to get some top talent. I would be happy with 7-5 but 8-4 might be realistic which considering last seasons debacle would be impressive.
chipkellysballs
Two Star Recruit

Post by chipkellysballs »

KingofDucks wrote:I'm expecting an 8-4 season. With potential to compete for the conference title in year 2.
Completely agree. I'm expecting 8-4 and will be very happy with that. 9-4 if you include us destroying who over we play in a bowl game.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duckfbfan15 wrote:Agree with KOD. 8-4 is the baseline and where my expectations are. Year two we should be back to 10 wins. Anything more than 8 wins next season is gravy. Just excited that this team is on the bounce back and it shouldn't take long. 8 wins would mean doubling the win total and that is definitely realistic. Also, hope the Defense rises into the 80's or so and they should hit that 8 win mark.
Same, sounds about right to me. Making a bowl game would be my minimum expectations for the first year. 8 wins would be matching expectations. Anything more, would be exceeding expectations.

Year 2 is when things will really get interesting.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
DuckedOut
Three Star Recruit

Post by DuckedOut »

I do think there is enough talent on this team to win 9 games, maybe even 10 with a bowl win. I think Taggart is going to expect a lot out of these kids and he's going to push them to win.

I'm not expecting a conference title in year 1, but I think year 2 is when we really make some noise in the PAC and nationally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk