Discipline and work ethic moving forward

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

bdkipe
Two Star Recruit

Discipline and work ethic moving forward

Post by bdkipe »

Still in total shock and excitement over this staff. Great teachers and leaders of men, plus it seems like they genuinely enjoy being around young people.

I can tell you this, with Coach Joe, Coach Leavitt, Coach Cristobal and Coach Orinde around, I doubt any of these players fall out of line, lest they get "Hulk-Smashed". Not to mention Coach T seems to be in double-dutch mode right now just waiting for someone to make an example of.

I can tell you this...if I ever buy a Roadhouse in Missouri and James Dalton isn't availalbe, I am hiring this staff to bounce for me.

#ourstaffcankickyourstaffsassliterally
TualatinDuck
Senior

Re: Discipline and work ethic moving forward

Post by TualatinDuck »

bdkipe wrote:Still in total shock and excitement over this staff. Great teachers and leaders of men, plus it seems like they genuinely enjoy being around young people.

I can tell you this, with Coach Joe, Coach Leavitt, Coach Cristobal and Coach Orinde around, I doubt any of these players fall out of line, lest they get "Hulk-Smashed". Not to mention Coach T seems to be in double-dutch mode right now just waiting for someone to make an example of.

I can tell you this...if I ever buy a Roadhouse in Missouri and James Dalton isn't availalbe, I am hiring this staff to bounce for me.

X2!
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

bdkipe wrote:Still in total shock and excitement over this staff. Great teachers and leaders of men, plus it seems like they genuinely enjoy being around young people.

Players will cross the coaches without doubt. Taggart is licking his chops.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

I think most will go along they just need a push. Willie has that it factor and I think the most players will buy in. Will just take time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Lightning Strikes
Three Star Recruit

Post by Lightning Strikes »

I've already said it to one of my fellow UO alum friends, there will be at least one really good player who gets booted from the team before the end of the next season. Hell, I might even bet on it happening before the first game kicks off.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Duckenstein wrote:

Here comes the BOOM!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

dwysywd
One Star Recruit

Post by dwysywd »

Duckenstein wrote:

Thought I read somewhere that Willie wanted one person to mess up so he can show the whole team he means business.
Last edited by dwysywd on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Let your dreams be bigger than your fears and your actions be louder than your words" - Willie Taggart
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

dwysywd wrote:
Duckenstein wrote:

Thought I read somewhere that Willie wanted one person to mess so he can show the whole team he means business.
Don't doubt it

Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

Somebody is going to get an example made out of them.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

I think we've already seen 3. Wallace, Franklin and Heard.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

jimmy12 wrote:I think we've already seen 3. Wallace, Franklin and Heard.
Prevot
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

jimmy12 wrote:I think we've already seen 3. Wallace, Franklin and Heard.
Those dudes didn't get examples made out of them. They assaulted women.

Or are you trying to suggest that Helf ruled with an iron fist?
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

[/quote]Thought I read somewhere that Willie wanted one person to mess up so he can show the whole team he means business.[/quote]

I disagree, a coach, supervisor, CEO, etc. wanting or hoping someone messes up just to make an example is the sign of a ruler/dictator not the thinking's or qualities of a good/great man, leader, boss or coach IMO
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

rsbgduck wrote:
dwysywd wrote:Thought I read somewhere that Willie wanted one person to mess up so he can show the whole team he means business.
I disagree, a coach, supervisor, CEO, etc. wanting or hoping someone messes up just to make an example is the sign of a ruler/dictator not the thinking's or qualities of a good/great man, leader, boss or coach IMO
I disagree with you. Saying he hopes someone messes up to make an example of them is different than actually wanting someone to mess up. Just saying it serves the purpose of what the actions he's threatening would do. In fact, I'm willing to bet that if you asked him personally, he'd say he hopes NONE of his athletes mess up.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

5$ wrote:
rsbgduck wrote:
dwysywd wrote:Thought I read somewhere that Willie wanted one person to mess up so he can show the whole team he means business.
I disagree with you. Saying he hopes someone messes up to make an example of them is different than actually wanting someone to mess up. Just saying it serves the purpose of what the actions he's threatening would do. In fact, I'm willing to bet that if you asked him personally, he'd say he hopes NONE of his athletes mess up.
I was thinking the same exact thing.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine