Darren Carrington

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

thomas time
Senior

Darren Carrington

Post by thomas time »

tweeted: If u Dcommitted or are n the process of deciding if U wanna be a DUCK just know we about to get EUGENE ROCKIN!https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/1f ... oSomething @CoachTaggart

Royce Freeman ‏@rolls_royce21
Royce Freeman Retweeted Oregon Football
Hope y'all is as excited as I am!!
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Darren Carrington

Post by Phenom »

brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

DC is a stud but needs boundries and guidance. WT is probably the best thing that could happen to him!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I think all he's needs was a coach to believe in. I don't think he'll be a problem on or off the field. Not to jinx him at all.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Actions speak louder than words.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Well, at least his head's in the right place.
OregonDonor
Two Star Recruit

Post by OregonDonor »

buckmarkduck wrote:I think all he's needs was a coach to believe in. I don't think he'll be a problem on or off the field. Not to jinx him at all.
We can hope. Sometimes all a kid needs is a little structure in his life. And when that structure comes off as "cool" and something you want to be a part of, that's a good thing.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Formerly LetMeSeeYourO
duxforlyfe
Three Star Recruit

Post by duxforlyfe »

brich75 wrote:DC is a stud but needs boundries and guidance. WT is probably the best thing that could happen to him!
Are you saying the tweet was out of line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

duxforlyfe wrote:
brich75 wrote:DC is a stud but needs boundries and guidance. WT is probably the best thing that could happen to him!
Are you saying the tweet was out of line?

I don't think so.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I don't think he was saying that the tweet was out of line. I personally hope Carrington does not do anything stupid. Based on some of his past though, I am not holding my breath. If I had to guess one person that might test Taggert to see if can push the boundaries it would be him. I am sure there will be one or two that will see if Taggert will do what he says he will do. I hope I am wrong. I think Carrington could be a 3rd or 4th round draft pick. I hope he does not mess it up.
duxforlyfe
Three Star Recruit

Post by duxforlyfe »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I don't think he was saying that the tweet was out of line. I personally hope Carrington does not do anything stupid. Based on some of his past though, I am not holding my breath. If I had to guess one person that might test Taggert to see if can push the boundaries it would be him. I am sure there will be one or two that will see if Taggert will do what he says he will do. I hope I am wrong. I think Carrington could be a 3rd or 4th round draft pick. I hope he does not mess it up.
Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. I understand DC hasn't been perfect, but besides getting suspended for the natty, what other trouble has he been in? Missing class? Work ethic issues? Daddy issues?

Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

duxforlyfe wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:I don't think he was saying that the tweet was out of line. I personally hope Carrington does not do anything stupid. Based on some of his past though, I am not holding my breath. If I had to guess one person that might test Taggert to see if can push the boundaries it would be him. I am sure there will be one or two that will see if Taggert will do what he says he will do. I hope I am wrong. I think Carrington could be a 3rd or 4th round draft pick. I hope he does not mess it up.
Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. I understand DC hasn't been perfect, but besides getting suspended for the natty, what other trouble has he been in? Missing class? Work ethic issues? Daddy issues?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.oregonli ... ent=safari
chipkellysballs
Two Star Recruit

Post by chipkellysballs »

DC will not be the one to test Taggart I'm sure of it. I met him 2 years ago when he was dating someone I went to high school with he's a really nice guy that loves to have a good time but he's definitely not wild/crazy/stupid. Helf let players do whatever so they did whatever but with WT's rules in place I'm sure he'll respect that. DC is one of the more popular people on the team, getting banned from Taylor's doesn't exactly stop him from having a place to go out. Also that incident outside of Taylor's is so over exaggerated the group was drunk and yelling out bs about how the team and DC sucked. DC came up to them and they were still acting like tough guys. DC shoves one of them and the guy is skinny and drunk so he goes flying.
Pontius
Three Star Recruit

Post by Pontius »

chipkellysballs wrote:DC will not be the one to test Taggart I'm sure of it. I met him 2 years ago when he was dating someone I went to high school with he's a really nice guy that loves to have a good time but he's definitely not wild/crazy/stupid. Helf let players do whatever so they did whatever but with WT's rules in place I'm sure he'll respect that. DC is one of the more popular people on the team, getting banned from Taylor's doesn't exactly stop him from having a place to go out. Also that incident outside of Taylor's is so over exaggerated the group was drunk and yelling out bs about how the team and DC sucked. DC came up to them and they were still acting like tough guys. DC shoves one of them and the guy is skinny and drunk so he goes flying.
You can bet that if he pushed a "skinny" girl or any girl for that matter, Title IX would've come to the rescue. Personally, I don't see much difference between pushing a woman and a drunk, skinny guy, so why doesn't Title IX care? I thought Title IX was about equality. It's not, who knew? That said, I don't think kicking players off of teams and out of school should be done so wantonly either. I don't see playing college football as a privilege. I see young men being required to dedicate many, many hours of service and added injury risk in order to create revenue streams disproportionate to the cost of education and living. In other words, they are being exploited for their services. It's not a privilege that they are inherently skilled and/or worked hard to receive a scholarship. It's simply their worth in a rigged market.
duxforlyfe
Three Star Recruit

Post by duxforlyfe »

Duck24 wrote:
duxforlyfe wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.oregonli ... ent=safari
Ha ha where have I been? I did tune out a little this year, I couldn't handle the dramatic shift towards garbage. It seems like taggert is pretty convincing, I think DC stays in line long enough to get through next season.