Duck24
Senior

Re: Irele Oderinde suspended for a month without pay

Post by Duck24 »

maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

His FSU bio still doesn't show any accreditation. It seems like Florida State would have a huge liability (and virtually no defense) if anything happened during one of his workouts.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

maxduck wrote:His FSU bio still doesn't show any accreditation. It seems like Florida State would have a huge liability (and virtually no defense) if anything happened during one of his workouts.

That's a great point, this lawsuit may certainly put his current job security at risk. FSU has to be slapping their forehead wondering what the hell they did by hiring Taggart. I would love to see FSU tell Willie to pack up his turnover backpack and take a walk.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Oregon's new strength coach Irele Oderinde came along with coach Willie Taggart from South Florida. Oderinde is listed on Oregon's website has having a bachelor's degree in recreation administration and a master's in sport management.

Thats from a Dennis Dodd article. Coach O should have never been hired. Boy were we all wrong for backing him.

Also side note, as an Army vet, I never once saw anyone in my unit during basic training have issues like the players went through.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

TualatinDuck wrote:Also side note, as an Army vet, I never once saw anyone in my unit during basic training have issues like the players went through.
I have a very close friend who has a son in the Marines, from what he says they push Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate! Work your ass off but hydrate. What these Oregon kids went through sounds more like torture than a workout. I sure hope Willie's and O are held to some accountability for this.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Alan wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:Also side note, as an Army vet, I never once saw anyone in my unit during basic training have issues like the players went through.
I have a very close friend who has a son in the Marines, from what he says they push Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate! Work your ass off but hydrate. What these Oregon kids went through sounds more like torture than a workout. I sure hope Willie's and O are held to some accountability for this.
I had a Drill Sargent that literally used to say, "You know why your leg is broken Joe? It's because you didn't drink enough water! You don't need to goto the TMC, you dont need no funny colored asprin, you need to drink more water!"
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Duck07 wrote:Bump
Proud to have been on team Duck24.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

I find it shocking that Coach Rad was replaced by someone who lacks any sort of accreditation, training etc. I find it shocking that Oregon allowed such a person to be hired to run the football team AND be supervised by only.... WT??? This either shows gross incompetence by our athletic department or sheer desperation for change. Either way, it now looks like Oregon will have some liability. The more I see, hear and read about WT, the more I believe he is a fraud. He is self serving, fake and a car crash. his lame sayings, he insane hirings and his inability to see past himself is really disgusting.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

TualatinDuck wrote:Oregon's new strength coach Irele Oderinde came along with coach Willie Taggart from South Florida. Oderinde is listed on Oregon's website has having a bachelor's degree in recreation administration and a master's in sport management.

Thats from a Dennis Dodd article. Coach O should have never been hired. Boy were we all wrong for backing him.

Also side note, as an Army vet, I never once saw anyone in my unit during basic training have issues like the players went through.

How many in your Unit were 260+ lbs though? Probably zero, most were more than likely less then 200lbs.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

buckmarkduck wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:Oregon's new strength coach Irele Oderinde came along with coach Willie Taggart from South Florida. Oderinde is listed on Oregon's website has having a bachelor's degree in recreation administration and a master's in sport management.

How many in your Unit were 260+ lbs though? Probably zero, most were more than likely less then 200lbs.
If coach O and Taggart would have let the kids hydrate no one would probably landed in the hospital, no matter the weight.