2017 Projected Depth Chart (v. Post-Signing Day)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

2017 Projected Depth Chart (v. Post-Signing Day)

Post by Phenom »

So here is my projected depth chart. I included everyone that is still known to be on the team and players who signed their LOIs. This is all super early since we have a brand new staff and who knows what they value and see.

Click to enlarge
Last edited by Phenom on Sun May 07, 2017 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: 2017 Projected Depth Chart

Post by Phenom »

BTW, our WR depth is pretty dire. That is why I have Daewood not redshirting. It was between him and Johnson and I think Daewood's speed might be needed to stretch the field. Also, not thrilled with our safety positions at all. Tyree would ideally be playing CB. I could actually see him playing CB and Lenoir playing S to start out.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

i may be wrong but i believe i read that Lovette was moving to offense ? only thing i see
on your well prepard chart is Lenoir is good enough to start. He can even play Safety if needed.
He is pretty good at press defense and that is what we will see. Just my thought...Good job on chart
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I think Cyrus plays SS, Lenoir wins the starting CB spot opposite of Springs, Lovette goes back to O, Simms ends up at OLB ahead of Hopkins, and Taj is used all over the field. Hoping they just find a way to get him the ball, and maybe coach O puts 10 lbs on him this offseason.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

I don't know what the coaches are going to do with CHL, but I would like to try him at safety. That is the clearest path to playing time, we are thin there, and we need some size and nasty at that position. I also think if George Moore is good then Crosby is going back to guard.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

ifuwant2 wrote:I don't know what the coaches are going to do with CHL, but I would like to try him at safety. That is the clearest path to playing time, we are thin there, and we need some size and nasty at that position. I also think if George Moore is good then Crosby is going back to guard.
Crosby was never a guard. He was a RT.

I have HIIIGH hopes for Moore but he's very raw technique-dudé.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

Phenom wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:I don't know what the coaches are going to do with CHL, but I would like to try him at safety. That is the clearest path to playing time, we are thin there, and we need some size and nasty at that position. I also think if George Moore is good then Crosby is going back to guard.
Crosby was never a guard. He was a RT.

I have HIIIGH hopes for Moore but he's very raw technique-dudé.
Ah, right. My bad. I'm confusing his pro potential with his former position. Lots of folks thinking he's an NFL guard. The great thing is we have an embarrassment of riches at the offensive line. In 2018, our line will be one of the best in the country. This year, if Moore can step up, we're going to be good and deep.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

It won't surprise me if Crosby ends up playing G this year though. It's a nice problem to have such good options on the OL.
srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Post by srsmiley007 »

Did I miss something? When did they say they were moving Dye inside?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

If we get a big year from either Swain or Simms, our starting LB group is not nearly as bad as I was thinking.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

srsmiley007 wrote:Did I miss something? When did they say they were moving Dye inside?
It's what people smarter than me are projecting. OLBs in a 3-4 are usually bigger and lankier because they are also need to be stout against the run in addition to get to the QB
Last edited by Phenom on Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phenom wrote:
srsmiley007 wrote:Did I miss something? When did they say they were moving Dye inside?
It's what people smarter than me are projected. OLBs in a 3-4 are usually bigger and lankier because they are also need to be stout against the run in addition to get to the QB
Maybe? I've seen a lot of guys say OLB though. Unless he can put on the weight, I don't really want my inside LB being 6'4 210. I think at even 225 with his speed, you want him OLB, and hope he can get double digit sacks also, plus he can cover the TE and slot when needed.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Phenom wrote:
It's what people smarter than me are projected. OLBs in a 3-4 are usually bigger and lankier because they are also need to be stout against the run in addition to get to the QB
Maybe? I've seen a lot of guys say OLB though. Unless he can put on the weight, I don't really want my inside LB being 6'4 210. I think at even 225 with his speed, you want him OLB, and hope he can get double digit sacks also, plus he can cover the TE and slot when needed.
True. I saw that Eric Striker was pretty successful as an OLB in a 3-4 for Oklahoma and he's smaller than Dye.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Mud from 247 just said he's moving to Will.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phenom wrote:Mud from 247 just said he's moving to Will.
Maybe mud knows, but nothing against him, he seems like a good guy. That said his only source was Pellum and Greatwood, and both are long gone. I'm 100% positive he's guessing, just like all of us right now.