Jimmie Dougherty to UCLA

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck24
Senior

Jimmie Dougherty to UCLA

Post by Duck24 »

Wow that is unexpected. Maybe related to the Reaves situation? Hello Dameyune Craig maybe?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Jimmie Dougherty to UCLA

Post by Phenom »

Yeah, some say he was pushed out. Seemed like a dud TBH.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

My guess is the DUII situation with Reaves, bad choice to get into the car with a drunk Reaves. Taggert is no nonsense, you mess up, you pay the consequences. Not related specifically but I like that he also bringing in the woman (can't recall her name) from the OSU gang rape to speak to the team.
DuckedOut
Three Star Recruit

Post by DuckedOut »

He's close with UCLAs OC, we're vetting Craig and he was in the car with Reaves. Looks like a lot of stuff added up to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

gofightingducks wrote:My guess is the DUII situation with Reaves, bad choice to get into the car with a drunk Reaves. Taggert is no nonsense, you mess up, you pay the consequences. Not related specifically but I like that he also bringing in the woman (can't recall her name) from the OSU gang rape to speak to the team.
I think it's great that Willie has drawn the line and he's not afraid to hold his coaches accountable, it sure has to have the players thinking about the kind of slack they'll get if they mess up.

I can't remember that lady's name either, the gang rape victim while going to OSU, (under Riley's watch) but Willie has her coming in to speak on the 22nd. God help the player who misses that meeting.
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Post by scoducks »

Apparently Craig is getting vetted by the university currently. So I think Taggart knew this had a sense this was coming
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

scoducks wrote:Apparently Craig is getting vetted by the university currently. So I think Taggart knew this had a sense this was coming
It's rumored that he was pushed out.

Would be an upgrade.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

he was 'strongly encouraged' to check out other options. read between the lines.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

My major worry--besides the coaching turnover issues--is whether we can get a real offensive mind on the staff. An x's and o's big picture scheming philosophy guy. Even paid advisors would work. I think losing Reaves was a major loss in that area.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

ifuwant2 wrote:My major worry--besides the coaching turnover issues--is whether we can get a real offensive mind on the staff. An x's and o's big picture scheming philosophy guy. Even paid advisors would work. I think losing Reaves was a major loss in that area.
I heard Chip is available, he's an Xs and Os guy. :D

(Please spare the "he's not coming" reasoning. I know all the reasons already.)
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

5$ wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:My major worry--besides the coaching turnover issues--is whether we can get a real offensive mind on the staff. An x's and o's big picture scheming philosophy guy. Even paid advisors would work. I think losing Reaves was a major loss in that area.

Chip is dead to me.
srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Post by srsmiley007 »

ifuwant2 wrote:
5$ wrote:

Chip is dead to me.
ditto.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

srsmiley007 wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:
5$ wrote:

Chip is dead to me.
ditto.
You'd all explosively cream in your pants if Chip came back in any coaching capacity.
srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Post by srsmiley007 »

DuckedOut wrote:He's close with UCLAs OC, we're vetting Craig and he was in the car with Reaves. Looks like a lot of stuff added up to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Since his ties to WT were not close, had to believe the "slumped in the car drunk" was a nail in the coffin. While not illegal, it's a direct affront to the image and pitch WT is making these kids and their families.

Honestly, if we get Craig, this would be beyond stellar and arguably provide us with the best recruiting staff in history. There is no downside to this if we truly land DC and get these other guys under wraps. Grab a young up-n-comer OC/QB coach for game-planning, another kick-a$$ TE coach/recruiter and we'll kill it even more!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Fine by me. A bad decision like that is not the way to start out after making it to the big leagues. Plus, I feel like Reaves and Doughtery were the two least excitable position coach hires anyway.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13