Pac-12 revenue lags BIG10 and SEC

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

paduck
One Star Recruit

Pac-12 revenue lags BIG10 and SEC

Post by paduck »

Not really surprising. I know many of us still can't get Pac-12 Network. But still, it's looking like quite a disparity in the coming years.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/07/c ... c-big-ten/
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Re: Pac-12 revenue lags BIG10 and SEC

Post by duckduckgoose »

paduck wrote:Not really surprising. I know many of us still can't get Pac-12 Network. But still, it's looking like quite a disparity in the coming years.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/07/c ... c-big-ten/
The revenue disparity compared to the other conferences was not that big, the Pac-12 just doesn't disperse as high a percentage of the revenue to the schools.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

Sensitive subject for me, at one time I had Dish Network and was a happy happy camper. Then my living arrangements changed and I am stuck with Charter Communications at least for another year. What the PAC12 and these networks need to realize, it's about us fans and not there greedy freaking pocketbooks, at least in the perfect world. lol I honestly thought that the PAC12 network would have gotten 2 major networks like the two satellite companies or one of them and Charter for the first 2 years and then the rest would fall in place. I don't think I've ever been so depressed/upset at being wrong about something in my life. Now I'm just pissed and could care less about it (that's what I tell myself anyways LOL), and wouldn't add it if Charter picked them up at this point (again what I tell myself). I really hate greed and selfish people, business and corporations.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

rsbgduck wrote:Sensitive subject for me, at one time I had Dish Network and was a happy happy camper. Then my living arrangements changed and I am stuck with Charter Communications at least for another year. What the PAC12 and these networks need to realize, it's about us fans and not there greedy freaking pocketbooks, at least in the perfect world. lol I honestly thought that the PAC12 network would have gotten 2 major networks like the two satellite companies or one of them and Charter for the first 2 years and then the rest would fall in place. I don't think I've ever been so depressed/upset at being wrong about something in my life. Now I'm just pissed and could care less about it (that's what I tell myself anyways LOL), and wouldn't add it if Charter picked them up at this point (again what I tell myself). I really hate greed and selfish people, business and corporations.
I don't know if you have seen SlingTV or not. If you have a good speed internet connection I know you can add Pac-12 network on there. I would be using it myself but it doesn't have a DVR option, and the channel guide was kind of amateurish. I tried it probably half a year ago, so things might have changed by now.

rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

duckduckgoose wrote:
rsbgduck wrote:Sensitive subject for me, at one time I had Dish Network and was a happy happy camper. Then my living arrangements changed and I am stuck with Charter Communications at least for another year. What the PAC12 and these networks need to realize, it's about us fans and not there greedy freaking pocketbooks, at least in the perfect world. lol I honestly thought that the PAC12 network would have gotten 2 major networks like the two satellite companies or one of them and Charter for the first 2 years and then the rest would fall in place. I don't think I've ever been so depressed/upset at being wrong about something in my life. Now I'm just pissed and could care less about it (that's what I tell myself anyways LOL), and wouldn't add it if Charter picked them up at this point (again what I tell myself). I really hate greed and selfish people, business and corporations.
I don't know if you have seen SlingTV or not. If you have a good speed internet connection I know you can add Pac-12 network on there. I would be using it myself but it doesn't have a DVR option, and the channel guide was kind of amateurish. I tried it probably half a year ago, so things might have changed by now.

Yeah, I seen they picked it up the last few weeks of the season last year. Next year it would work for me but this year I had class from 7am to 5pm every Sat. and skipping it was not an option. Basically it is a 9 month interview. If it had a DVR option I would have been all over. Thanks for the information.