Possible New Coach?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Madsduck
One Star Recruit

Possible New Coach?

Post by Madsduck »

I'm hearing that Marcus Arroyo is being considered.

I do not know much about him.

http://okstate.com/coaches.aspx?rc=25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Re: Possible New Coach?

Post by scoducks »

Well if he is being considered, he does have a good track record with receivers if that will be the role. Keenan Allen, Marvin Jones, and James Jones. Also a pretty good track record working with QBs. He does have some connections in Oregon. In his bio it says his wife used to play volleyball at Southern Oregon. I guess I can see it happening. Out of curiosity if you don't mind me asking. Where did you hear this?
Last edited by scoducks on Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Where is this info coming from? Not seeing it anywhere else yet.
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Post by scoducks »

Yeah I am very curious to hear where this information is coming from.
DuckedOut
Three Star Recruit

Post by DuckedOut »

greenyellow wrote:Where is this info coming from? Not seeing it anywhere else yet.
It won't come from the mainstream media. Taggart is very good at not letting stuff leak out if he doesn't want it to. It's why we've heard very little other than Craig (and he's an obvious and big time target) when it comes to filling coaching positions.
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Post by scoducks »

DuckedOut wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Where is this info coming from? Not seeing it anywhere else yet.
It won't come from the mainstream media. Taggart is very good at not letting stuff leak out if he doesn't want it to. It's why we've heard very little other than Craig (and he's an obvious and big time target) when it comes to filling coaching positions.
What do you consider main stream media? Because didn't every name for the coaching staff get leaked by some form of sports media?

Also for what its worth Prehm and Arroyo started following each other on twitter. I am guessing there is some legs to it?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

scoducks wrote:
DuckedOut wrote:
What do you consider main stream media? Because didn't every name for the coaching staff get leaked by some form of sports media?

Also for what its worth Prehm and Arroyo started following each other on twitter. I am guessing there is some legs to it?
Arroyo started following Oregon Football's Twitter account and then it seems Prehm started following him a bit later, which then made Arroyo reciprocate by following his account.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

New coach is most official when Moseley follows, mops follows are not evidence of any real inside knowledge lol. It is cool to see Arroyo followed Oregon Football, would not be the least surprised if that alone is an indication he's considering or being considered for a role here.
Madsduck
One Star Recruit

Post by Madsduck »

scoducks wrote:Well if he is being considered, he does have a good track record with receivers if that will be the role. Keenan Allen, Marvin Jones, and James Jones. Also a pretty good track record working with QBs. He does have some connections in Oregon. In his bio it says his wife used to play volleyball at Southern Oregon. I guess I can see it happening. Out of curiosity if you don't mind me asking. Where did you hear this?
I don't want to sound like an a$$ but I really can't say. My friend told me about Taggart before I heard it from anyone else and was also right about Leavitt. I trust him and just wanted to pass along the info. He doesn't know the exact role he is being considered for. He can coach WRs or QBs, he has experience with both.

5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

Madsduck wrote:
scoducks wrote:Well if he is being considered, he does have a good track record with receivers if that will be the role. Keenan Allen, Marvin Jones, and James Jones. Also a pretty good track record working with QBs. He does have some connections in Oregon. In his bio it says his wife used to play volleyball at Southern Oregon. I guess I can see it happening. Out of curiosity if you don't mind me asking. Where did you hear this?
I don't want to sound like an a$$ but I really can't say. My friend told me about Taggart before I heard it from anyone else and was also right about Leavitt. I trust him and just wanted to pass along the info. He doesn't know the exact role he is being considered for. He can coach WRs or QBs, he has experience with both.

I'm willing to entertain the possibility your friend is right. Haven't heard it from anywhere else, so this is probably a pretty good test. Does he have anything to say about Dameyune Craig?
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

Looks like a pretty good coach for our needs. Too bad he hasn't been recruiting Texas most of his career. That would make him ideal.

PS. Also love that this appears to be a DA scoop exclusive. Nice job folks.
Last edited by Groundswell on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Post by scoducks »

5$ wrote:
Madsduck wrote:

I'm willing to entertain the possibility your friend is right. Haven't heard it from anywhere else, so this is probably a pretty good test. Does he have anything to say about Dameyune Craig?
Yes, I am willing to entertain the possibility of your source. As 5$ said, this is the only place that has started he is a possibility going forward. Reading through his credentials he seems to be a good X and O's type of coach. Offensive staff would be pretty good with him and Craig

QB: Craig/Arroyo
RB:Pimpleton
WR:Craig/Arroyo
TE: ? Gilbertson?
OL: Cristobal

Good blend of experience and recruiting I would say if this is true.
down2tradition
High School Drop Out

Post by down2tradition »

ifuwant2 wrote:Looks like a pretty good coach for our needs. Too bad he hasn't been recruiting Texas most of his career. That would make him ideal.
My thoughts exactly! Probably still has some decent relationships down there and has a wealth of different experiences.
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Post by scoducks »

down2tradition wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:Looks like a pretty good coach for our needs. Too bad he hasn't been recruiting Texas most of his career. That would make him ideal.
My thoughts exactly! Probably still has some decent relationships down there and has a wealth of different experiences.
He's coached at a crap ton of places. He's coached at CAL and San Jose State so theres Norcal connections that was lost with Dougherty leaving, he has Mississippi on his resume, and lastly Oklahoma. Oklahoma State taps on alot of recruits from Texas correct? So the Texas connections should be there. He has experience in the west and south so that fits the bill.
down2tradition
High School Drop Out

Post by down2tradition »

scoducks wrote:
down2tradition wrote:
He's coached at a crap ton of places. He's coached at CAL and San Jose State so theres Norcal connections that was lost with Dougherty leaving, he has Mississippi on his resume, and lastly Oklahoma. Oklahoma State taps on alot of recruits from Texas correct? So the Texas connections should be there. He has experience in the west and south so that fits the bill.
I'm guessing he spent a lot of time in Texas during his time at OSU