Possible New Coach?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

5$
Five Star Recruit

Re: Possible New Coach?

Post by 5$ »

greenyellow wrote:According to his bio, Chow is part Chinese, Portugese, and Hawaiian. Not sure why people thought he was Japanese when his last name is a very common Chinese surname.
:lol: good look
polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

He is Chinese Hawaiian. His paternal grandfather is from China and his mother is Native Hawaiian.
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Post by scoducks »

Madsduck wrote:Craig is almost a done deal unless something drastic happens at the last minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im guessing something drastic might be happening Mads?
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

Now the talk is Arroyo was hired because Craig could not be. Hmmm. If true, will be interesting to see who the next man up is.

Edit: Would not be surprised to learn that Craig couldn't pass the vetting process. With all that's gone on with coaches thus far, I think Willie has to play it especially cautious.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

why would Craig not pass the vetting process? WHat makes you so sure?
srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Post by srsmiley007 »

ifuwant2 wrote:Now the talk is Arroyo was hired because Craig could not be. Hmmm. If true, will be interesting to see who the next man up is.

Edit: Would not be surprised to learn that Craig couldn't pass the vetting process. With all that's gone on with coaches thus far, I think Willie has to play it especially cautious.
Where did you hear that Craig couldn't pass the vetting process? Last scuttlebutt (unconfirmed info) I heard was that he's flying out to check out Eugene first. Is it somewhat substantiated or from one of the trolls just speculating?

FYI - Not being intending to sound hostile just curious as to the source and if Craig is truly gone. (I really liked the idea of grabbing him for this crew. If true, I'm bummed).
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Post by scoducks »

srsmiley007 wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:Now the talk is Arroyo was hired because Craig could not be. Hmmm. If true, will be interesting to see who the next man up is.

Where did you hear that Craig couldn't pass the vetting process? Last scuttlebutt (unconfirmed info) I heard was that he's flying out to check out Eugene first. Is it somewhat substantiated or from one of the trolls just speculating?

FYI - Not being intending to sound hostile just curious as to the source and if Craig is truly gone. (I really liked the idea of grabbing him for this crew. If true, I'm bummed).
Maybe he didn't pass the vetting process because he got fired from LSU? I have no information, i'm just throwing darts at the wall.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

scoducks wrote:
srsmiley007 wrote:

Maybe he didn't pass the vetting process because he got fired from LSU? I have no information, i'm just throwing darts at the wall.
Scuttlebutt*: Coach Tagg just hasn't gotten the provocative photos yet

* - great word btw!
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

srsmiley007 wrote:

Oh, hey, that post I had came off a little different than I had intended. I was just speculating. Clearly Craig has been a target of ours for a long time now. But we've also had some "issues" with our coaches since his name first started popping up when we were filling our staff. Now, when a coach gets fired there are always going to be internet rumors. Lot of it silly. But I've seen a large enough number of posts hinting that Craig has some "dirt under his fingernails" from LSU fans. Everything from recruiting issues, to coach in-fighting to banging co-eds. I'm taking that stuff at rumor value, but I'm guessing our staff and AD are feeling some pressure not to "overlook" any potential issues.

Remember, we've had public situations with 3 coaches in less than a month under a new coaching staff who completely replaced the most stable coaching staff in college football. And the AD's job was already on the line with the hire of a new head coach. If the Taggart era goes South, it's buh-bye to everyone. The school president has already warned them. So Craig needs to be squeaky clean, which I have to assume is hard to do coaching at places like LSU, Auburn, and FSU.
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

IMO it's far more likely Craig passed on us. The dude has wanted more control of the offense at his last three stops, and he's certainly not going to be a true OC or calling plays here. It would have been co-OC, and really that would have only been in title. It just doesn't make sense for him to have interest in us unless we're able to throw a lot of money at him, which we really can't after all the other hires.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I'm surprised that former USF WR coach T.J. Weist's name hasn't come up more.
srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Post by srsmiley007 »

ifuwant2 wrote:
srsmiley007 wrote:

Oh, hey, that post I had came off a little different than I had intended. I was just speculating. Clearly Craig has been a target of ours for a long time now. But we've also had some "issues" with our coaches since his name first started popping up when we were filling our staff. Now, when a coach gets fired there are always going to be internet rumors. Lot of it silly. But I've seen a large enough number of posts hinting that Craig has some "dirt under his fingernails" from LSU fans. Everything from recruiting issues, to coach in-fighting to banging co-eds. I'm taking that stuff at rumor value, but I'm guessing our staff and AD are feeling some pressure not to "overlook" any potential issues.

Remember, we've had public situations with 3 coaches in less than a month under a new coaching staff who completely replaced the most stable coaching staff in college football. And the AD's job was already on the line with the hire of a new head coach. If the Taggart era goes South, it's buh-bye to everyone. The school president has already warned them. So Craig needs to be squeaky clean, which I have to assume is hard to do coaching at places like LSU, Auburn, and FSU.
thanks. Feel a little better about this. I imagine that the hold up is making sure that everything is clean enough so that there is surprises. I was a little concerned about the rest. Trolls are incredible. He was the best recruiter in the worldOh, and i got a little chuckle out of that, "squeaky clean at places....LSU, Auburn & FSU." To them clean = we didn't get caught! :lol:
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Post by scoducks »

srsmiley007 wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:
srsmiley007 wrote:

thanks. Feel a little better about this. I imagine that the hold up is making sure that everything is clean enough so that there is surprises. I was a little concerned about the rest. Trolls are incredible. He was the best recruiter in the worldOh, and i got a little chuckle out of that, "squeaky clean at places....LSU, Auburn & FSU." To them clean = we didn't get caught! :lol:
Anyone know if Craig is in Eugene this weekend? Didn't Scott Reed mention that he was in Eugene this weekend checking out the city before deciding if he wanted to go to the Ducks?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Someone on DT is claiming a trusted source said they saw WT and Craig at a Eugene hotel so take that for what it's worth.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

All bets are off if it's a Best Western!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!