Opinions on the Marcus Arroyo hire.

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

TyranT
One Star Recruit

Opinions on the Marcus Arroyo hire.

Post by TyranT »

He seems to come with a diverse and credible work history. It was mentioned elsewhere that if he was successful at recruiting in Oklahoma, imagine what he can do here. I honestly know nothing else other than not facing Dui charges. What does everyone think?
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Re: Opinions on the Marcus Arroyo hire.

Post by scoducks »

Judging by the reactions to the Oklahoma State fans reactions on their message board its a great hire. Apparently he was by far the best recruiter for them and drastically improved OSU's terrible rushing attack. I'm happy with it. He has good experience coordinating a NFL team and has recruiting ties from the west coast to Texas and Oklahoma
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

The more I read about him the more I like him, and I might even be happier with this hire than if we got Craig. Everywhere he's been he's drastically improved the offense and sounds like a good hire from an Xs and Os perspective, which is something I felt we needed. His reputation as a recruiter is news to me, and that's an awesome bonus. Feels like we fell upwards with this Reeves DUI situation.

Also would expect him to stay here longer than Craig, which is great considering Cristobal and others probably won't last that long.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

scoducks wrote:Judging by the reactions to the Oklahoma State fans reactions on their message board its a great hire. Apparently he was by far the best recruiter for them and drastically improved OSU's terrible rushing attack. I'm happy with it. He has good experience coordinating a NFL team and has recruiting ties from the west coast to Texas and Oklahoma
I don't know anything about him. But this is the best thing I've learned so far.
srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Post by srsmiley007 »

ifuwant2 wrote:
scoducks wrote:Judging by the reactions to the Oklahoma State fans reactions on their message board its a great hire. Apparently he was by far the best recruiter for them and drastically improved OSU's terrible rushing attack. I'm happy with it. He has good experience coordinating a NFL team and has recruiting ties from the west coast to Texas and Oklahoma
I don't know anything about him. But this is the best thing I've learned so far.
He's legit on the X's and O's. Absolutely no downside. The icing on the cake is seeing the OSU meltdown over losing him tells you everything you need to know. This is another stellar hire.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Two names Jared Goff and Zach Kline (who was the #2 ranked qb coming out of HS). He recruited both.
Jduck
One Star Recruit

Post by Jduck »

I admit I had never heard of him until a couple days ago, but after a quick google and the articles I have read on him today my feeling is that he is an upgrade over Reeves. I believe Craig might still be in play for receiver coach too, correct?
nogerO
Senior

Whaaat?

Post by nogerO »

I could have sworn some "insiders" said Craig was a done deal? That being said I thing we got the better coach/recruiter. Another great recruiter. Well done Willie!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

A great hire by the looks of it..liked an interview i saw from him at Okie state. He said no excuses several times
which fits what Willie has said as well. He sounds tough but still likes to have fun. And he stressed its all about team.
He also is the recruiter who got Jared Goff to Cal. I think Willie T hit a homerun on this one.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Great hire, probably didn't cost much if any more than Doughtery and Reaves but appears to be an upgrade at both x and o's and recruiting. Excited to see who the next hire is and looking forward to seeing what these coaches can do on the field and with a full recruiting cycle. Go Ducks!!!
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

Excellent hire. As some have already mentioned he provides a strong schematic background to go with serious recruiting chops. He's familiar, and popular, here in N CA (Sacramento and Bay Area) and will go a long way toward reasserting our presence in what has traditionally been a fertile recruiting ground for the U of O.
AKA: CAgrown
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Whaaat?

Post by Phenom »

nogerO wrote:I could have sworn some "insiders" said Craig was a done deal? That being said I thing we got the better coach/recruiter. Another great recruiter. Well done Willie!
We could get both.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Re: Whaaat?

Post by 5$ »

Phenom wrote:
nogerO wrote:I could have sworn some "insiders" said Craig was a done deal? That being said I thing we got the better coach/recruiter. Another great recruiter. Well done Willie!
We could get both.
Exactly, they're not mutually exclusive.
TyranT
One Star Recruit

Post by TyranT »

LSU and Craig have parted ways? Read it elsewhere. Can anyone confirm this and when?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

TyranT wrote:LSU and Craig have parted ways? Read it elsewhere. Can anyone confirm this and when?
Yes, like last week.