Looks like Damyeune Craig is NOT coming!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Ducks23
High School Drop Out

Re: Looks like Damyeune Craig is NOT coming!

Post by Ducks23 »

Michael Johnson - the former niners/ucla coach, who was linked to taking a mystery job with Michigan the other day- father of 2019 QB?? Its a guess, but I knew the job with UM was iffy.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

Ducks23 wrote:Michael Johnson - the former niners/ucla coach, who was linked to taking a mystery job with Michigan the other day- father of 2019 QB?? Its a guess, but I knew the job with UM was iffy.
We may have a winner here, folks. Looks like a pretty great hire too. Johnson has an interesting work history, and it's kind of odd that Harbaugh would bring a guy in and then sign off on his leaving if he thought he was the bees knees, but I'll take this hire if it brings us the son. If not, I hope this guy is a recruiter.

Edit: I wonder if the King's Academy has any other major recruits?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

http://saturdaytradition.com/michigan-f ... oregon-wr/

Great guess 23. From what I'm told Harbaugh really things highly of Johnson as a coach, and was hoping to keep him as a consultant until he had a spot on his staff for him. But when UO had the opening, he called WT and told him he should hire Johnson.
gosterman01
Three Star Recruit

Post by gosterman01 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Of course I use the term Michigan staff loosely. And when his name comes out people will understand that statement.

Nice
TyranT
One Star Recruit

Post by TyranT »

buckmarkduck it all makes sense now and thank you for the early info. Great hire to the Oregon program. My only hope is that we can retain this high caliber coaching staff for at least a season or two. I can't help but feel as if some of these coaches already have their eyes fixed on potential "upgrades" in title and pay after this season.
DuckedOut
Three Star Recruit

Post by DuckedOut »

TyranT wrote:buckmarkduck it all makes sense now and thank you for the early info. Great hire to the Oregon program. My only hope is that we can retain this high caliber coaching staff for at least a season or two. I can't help but feel as if some of these coaches already have their eyes fixed on potential "upgrades" in title and pay after this season.
Big deal. Taggart will just go out and hire more great coaches. It's the name of the game.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon has been an outlier for so long when it comes to hiring and staffing that it's going to take fans some time to get used to it.
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Post by scoducks »

greenyellow wrote:Oregon has been an outlier for so long when it comes to hiring and staffing that it's going to take fans some time to get used to it.
Exactly, people are just used to having the same coaches all the time. All good programs have to go through staff changes every year.
srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Post by srsmiley007 »

scoducks wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Oregon has been an outlier for so long when it comes to hiring and staffing that it's going to take fans some time to get used to it.
Exactly, people are just used to having the same coaches all the time. All good programs have to go through staff changes every year.

Seriously hope we can at least keep all or most of these guys for 2 years. Losing Cristobal or Leavitt too soon would really suck!
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Post by scoducks »

srsmiley007 wrote:
scoducks wrote:

Seriously hope we can at least keep all or most of these guys for 2 years. Losing Cristobal or Leavitt too soon would really suck!
My opinion is that Jim Leavitt has the chance of staying a long time. The only thing that holds me back from staying on this prediction is Bill Snyder and the Kansas State situation. That is the only situation I see him leaving. When The Purple Wizard calls it quits, selfishly, I hope they account for age with JL so they don't hire him. If KSU doesn't hire him.. he's one of the highest paid assistant coaches in the Pac-12, and I don't see him leaving unless some university wants to hire an older coach as HC or if its a dream scenario for him (Kansas State)

Cristobal, yeah I don't picture him staying here for 2 years or so. The interview with WMU shows he wants to be a HC whether if its G5 or P5. If it's a good fit for him, he's definitely going for that opportunity. Let's just hope not that many positions open up next year. (Chance of that happening is 0%). So will see.