Willie Taggart interview with KEZI's Kristen Rodgers

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Willie Taggart interview with KEZI's Kristen Rodgers

Post by greenyellow »

Coach Taggart gave a good interview with KEZI's Kristen Rodgers where he discusses the transition process and what has needed changing within the program.

http://www.kezi.com/story/34528276/will ... head-coach
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Re: Willie Taggart interview with KEZI's Kristen Rodgers

Post by scoducks »

Interesting to hear how Taggart stated no one on the team likes each other so he makes everyone eat dinner together and work out together .
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

scoducks wrote:Interesting to hear how Taggart stated no one on the team likes each other so he makes everyone eat dinner together and work out together .
Yeah. Any of you who get close to the program hear much about this? Clearly, there was a ton of tension after the guys started calling each other out in the press. But most the gossip that was a young players vs. old players deal. Taggart was referencing veteran vs. veteran hostility.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I really liked that interview. Coach T seems honest, positive, and clear-headed about what his team needs. And he really seems to care a ton about his players, the team, and the program. I feel like we're in good hands.
srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Post by srsmiley007 »

ifuwant2 wrote:
scoducks wrote:Interesting to hear how Taggart stated no one on the team likes each other so he makes everyone eat dinner together and work out together .
Yeah. Any of you who get close to the program hear much about this? Clearly, there was a ton of tension after the guys started calling each other out in the press. But most the gossip that was a young players vs. old players deal. Taggart was referencing veteran vs. veteran hostility.
Thanks for sharing this GY. Absolutely none of this is shocking. Having everyone together is HUGE. The record of the team was clearly indicative of a fractured team.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Love his energy. He's calm, but you can feel the passion he has for the players and the game and he has something that says to not cross him. A quiet confidence.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Dang he went in on Andrew Grief during that interview.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

I love the passion he has. The part about him trying to get the team to come together and be together really says something. But his no excuses and tough style is great. Really like him and excited for spring game
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Post by scoducks »

Duck24 wrote:Dang he went in on Andrew Grief during that interview.
Honestly I wouldn't mind it if we put a football ban on Grief or Canzano again on the program. More on Canzano though, dude is terrible.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

scoducks wrote:
Duck24 wrote:Dang he went in on Andrew Grief during that interview.
Honestly I wouldn't mind it if we put a football ban on Grief or Canzano again on the program. More on Canzano though, dude is terrible.
Yeah it doesn't sound like coach is to thrilled with either guy. Especially since he was willing to interview for Grief, yet he still twisted the facts and left out everything coach told him.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I'm not sure why Greif did that to Taggart so I can easily see the Oregonian being frozen out for a bit. The local media, especially the TV ones, in Eugene are a lot fairer and responsive so I could see them really benefiting.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

What exactly did Grief lie about? I know this is about the rhabdo thing but I don't know specifically what Taggart's beef is.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Tray Dub wrote:What exactly did Grief lie about? I know this is about the rhabdo thing but I don't know specifically what Taggart's beef is.
Taggart explained to Greif the full chain of events and what the staff did, but Greif didn't include any of that in his stories. That's what has left Taggart miffed.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

greenyellow wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:What exactly did Grief lie about? I know this is about the rhabdo thing but I don't know specifically what Taggart's beef is.
Taggart explained to Greif the full chain of events and what the staff did, but Greif didn't include any of that in his stories. That's what has left Taggart miffed.
Right I got that part, I'm more looking for the details of what exactly Greif omitted and whether it really mitigated anything.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Tray Dub wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Right I got that part, I'm more looking for the details of what exactly Greif omitted and whether it really mitigated anything.
He omitted what they were actually doing during the training and the conditions they were done under. He instead just stuck to his "military-style" training BS that made the workouts seem very draconian.