ScoopDuck - The return of JHOP

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit

Re: ScoopDuck - The return of JHOP

Post by Hoagduck »

Never in my life will I understand why anyone pays one single cent for recruiting rumors.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Hoagduck wrote:Never in my life will I understand why anyone pays one single cent for recruiting rumors.
Meh, I don't pay for that stuff either but fundamentally it's just people finding enjoyment from a hobby. I've seen lots of dumber ways to spend money.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Boom wrote:I'm not really into the subscribe recruiting sites, but I think it's great he created his own and not joined another corporate spam site.
Ditto, it's cool to see him doing his own thing finally.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Hoagduck wrote:Never in my life will I understand why anyone pays one single cent for recruiting rumors.
Some people just like having information first so they're willing to pay for it. More power to them for spending their money on something they like.
Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Hoagduck »

greenyellow wrote:
Some people just like having information first so they're willing to pay for it. More power to them for spending their money on something they like.
This isn't like, "I like both Netflix AND Hulu" so I pay for both!" this is *adults* paying *money* for rumors about high schoolers. I think it's objectively pretty weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

pezsez1 wrote:
I'm not really into the subscribe recruiting sites, but I think it's great he created his own and not joined another corporate spam site.
Same.

I'm probably a lifer with this site. I just like having a place to discuss (and sometimes argue about) our Ducks. Plus, the in-game threads are always interesting. :)
I agree with Pez here... Not going to pay. Only thing is the in-game threads or should we say going off the grid
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

So congrats to jhop. I am in the would "never personally pay a dime for recruiting news" club, but don't see anything wrong with those who want to.

I do like free gossip occasionally, so what are the juicy details of Corpatty showing up at ScoopDuck today?
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

what about this scheme....we all pitch in for 1 person to buy a subscription...then they post all them jucy details about 16-18 year olds on here.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

justducky0 wrote:what about this scheme....we all pitch in for 1 person to buy a subscription...then they post all them juicy details about 16-18 year olds on here.
No underhanded scheme is necessary, people love to share what they know, particularly when you don't ask.

See, I asked for the Corpatty gossip and didn't get it yet, but it will come eventually.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

justducky0 wrote:what about this scheme....we all pitch in for 1 person to buy a subscription...then they post all them jucy details about 16-18 year olds on here.
Hahahaha! I'm in for a couple bucks a month.

But seriously. I've paid a couple of times on sites in the past and I've now convinced myself that if I don't pay then I don't have a problem. Kinda like an alcoholic that only drinks when it's offered to him. Lol!
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
justducky0 wrote:what about this scheme....we all pitch in for 1 person to buy a subscription...then they post all them jucy details about 16-18 year olds on here.
Hahahaha! I'm in for a couple bucks a month.

But seriously. I've paid a couple of times on sites in the past and I've now convinced myself that if I don't pay then I don't have a problem. Kinda like an alcoholic that only drinks when it's offered to him. Lol!
I only drink when its offered. Bartender wont stop offering me beers.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

I appreciate not wanting to pay for websites. In fact, all web activity seems weird to me, objectively speaking. But we've grown up with it. And 25 cents per day to talk and read about football is pretty cheap entertainment. There's more going on at those websites than high school kid gossip.

ps. I go back and forth about paying. Probably cancelled and re-upped my DT subscription four times.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

issa joke
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

greenyellow wrote:
Yeah they have the information first. For how long? Do they get a bowl of soup and a hat with that, lol. To each his own I guess. I will never pay for supposed inside information that will be public knowledge within hours. Anyway best of luck to Justin and his new site.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
fairweatherfowl
One Star Recruit

Post by fairweatherfowl »

greenyellow wrote:
scoducks wrote:247 is going to take a massive nose dive. The funny thing is Ron was saying clicks were at an all time high when Justin left.
The amount of posters on there now is a fraction of what it was. During the month or so after recruiting last year, they had lots of unique conversations and posts. Now, it's mainly just posts from Prehm, Skopil, and Corpatty that stick around for nearly a week with minimal comments from like the same 10-15 guys.
I just saw Corpatty over on JHop's new site. Fishduck gave a shout-out article with praise for JH (http://fishduck.com/2017/03/justin-hopk ... g-returns/) and a link to the new site.

I hope it provides him with enough subscribers so he can stay with it. But I want to stay around here, too. JHop getting fired is what brought me, and likely many others, over to see what is here.