Alan
Senior

Colt gets six months

Post by Alan »

woundedknees
All-American

Re: Colt gets six months

Post by woundedknees »

My, how the mighty have fallen... If Colt had half the brain, self restraint and discernment, he had in physical gifts, the kid would have the world by the tail.

Instead, all he has are demons.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

All to often incredibly gifted people are unable to cope with success. So very sad. Could have been Gronk 2.0.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

nogerO wrote:All to often incredibly gifted people are unable to cope with success. So very sad. Could have been Gronk 2.0.
When in a game did he ever look anything like Gronk? Could he have had a nice NFL career? Yes. But people need to stop acting like he was a all world talent. He barely could block and he would drop at least 1 of every 4 balls thrown his way. He was never nor did he ever show himself to be a top TE in the NFL.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

buckmarkduck wrote:
nogerO wrote:All to often incredibly gifted people are unable to cope with success. So very sad. Could have been Gronk 2.0.
When in a game did he ever look anything like Gronk? Could he have had a nice NFL career? Yes. But people need to stop acting like he was a all world talent. He barely could block and he would drop at least k1 of every 4 balls thrown his way. He was never nor did he ever show himself to be a top TE in the NFL.
I remember him caring both the ball and Brian Bennett across the goal line.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

buckmarkduck wrote:
When in a game did he ever look anything like Gronk? Could he have had a nice NFL career? Yes. But people need to stop acting like he was a all world talent. He barely could block and he would drop at least 1 of every 4 balls thrown his way. He was never nor did he ever show himself to be a top TE in the NFL.
My hazy memory was that Colt had six touchdowns on 16 touches or some ungodly stat like that. That's pretty damn good in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Yeah, 11 TD's on 32 catches. He sucked. :roll:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
He would have had a legit shot at the NFL if he had a good head on his shoulders. Idk about top TE, but easily starter material.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

nogerO wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
I watched Gronk do like half of that total in one game vs UO, with our secondary having Chung, Ward, Byrd and WTIII. He single handily almost brought UA back from 42 down.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

/quote="buckmarkduck"]
nogerO wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
I watched Gronk do like half of that total in one game vs UO, with our secondary having Chung, Ward, Byrd and WTIII. He single handily almost brought UA back from 42 down.[/quote]

Really?

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pla ... 1/gamelog/

you mean this game? 12/143/1? Career vs Oregon 17/216/1
Career -20 Games 75/1197/16

Facts>opinion. Keep reaching...
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

nogerO wrote:/quote="buckmarkduck"]
nogerO wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
I watched Gronk do like half of that total in one game vs UO, with our secondary having Chung, Ward, Byrd and WTIII. He single handily almost brought UA back from 42 down.
Really?

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pla ... 1/gamelog/

you mean this game? 12/143/1? Career vs Oregon 17/216/1
Career -20 Games 75/1197/16

Facts>opinion. Keep reaching...[/quote]

Wow thanks for posting that site Nogero! I've been wondering if a stat site like that existed.

duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Colt gets six months

Post by duckduckgoose »

Wow I really understated Colts stats. Seven touches as a freshman five touchdowns, averaged 21 yards per reception. For his career 50 touches 13 touchdowns. A TD every four touches is pretty spectacular in my opinion.

duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

buckmarkduck wrote:
nogerO wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
I think you are one of the better posters on here Buckmark and I truly value your opinions, but you are dead wrong on this one.

nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

duckduckgoose wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
nogerO wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
I think you are one of the better posters on here Buckmark and I truly value your opinions, but you are dead wrong on this one.

We all have our opinions and we're all right or wrong to some degree. Doesn't mean we all can't debate things. I like your additions to the forum-both of you.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I'm dead wrong that Colt isn't the 2.0 of arguably the best TE to ever play in the NFL? Colt, while good, wasn't Gronk.