Hint at new uniforms?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Hint at new uniforms?

Post by greenyellow »

Based on the new shirt being sold by multiple vendors and the new profile picture the program is using on its social media accounts, it looks like we're starting to see some potential hints as to what the uniforms will look like.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Hint at new uniforms?

Post by karlhungis »

That "Do Something" logo just doesn't sit right with me. Looks lopsided plus the message is kind of... mixed.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I only care what the helmet is going to look like. Honestly our unis weren't bad, just the helmets sucked.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

It still looks like the interns are designing the logos. That Do Something logo is pure blah.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:It still looks like the interns are designing the logos. That Do Something logo is pure blah.
I'll be fine with uniforms if they share a cohesive design/template and have good helmets. The word mark for Taggart's new program motto means nothing.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

karlhungis wrote:That "Do Something" logo just doesn't sit right with me. Looks lopsided plus the message is kind of... mixed.
All this time I thought I was the only one who thinks "Do Something" sounds like a frustrated parent talking to their slacker kid. Less than inspiring to me, but if the kids respond I don't care.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I'm ambivalent about "Do Something", but I think it sends a positive message. My first real job was in construction and I remember getting done with a task and stood waiting for my boss to finish a conversation so he could give me my next task. He then came over and said, "never stand around. I don't care what you do, but "do something". Its actually stayed with me for many years and has served me well. To me "Do Something" means there is no time to stand still, or be complacent - something this team desperately needed to understand.
OregonDuckPike
One Star Recruit

Post by OregonDuckPike »

wlduck wrote:
karlhungis wrote:That "Do Something" logo just doesn't sit right with me. Looks lopsided plus the message is kind of... mixed.
All this time I thought I was the only one who thinks "Do Something" sounds like a frustrated parent talking to their slacker kid. Less than inspiring to me, but if the kids respond I don't care.

Considering our teams performance last year and even the year before with some units....i'd say the relationship between fans and the players as well as coaches and players IS similar to that of a child and frustrated parent relationship
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

UofDuck wrote:I'm ambivalent about "Do Something", but I think it sends a positive message. My first real job was in construction and I remember getting done with a task and stood waiting for my boss to finish a conversation so he could give me my next task. He then came over and said, "never stand around. I don't care what you do, but "do something". Its actually stayed with me for many years and has served me well. To me "Do Something" means there is no time to stand still, or be complacent - something this team desperately needed to understand.
I remember being at a couple games last year pleading to the team and coaches: Do something, anything, at least try!!! They must of heard me while watching tape of last years games! My mantra would have been too wordy and not fit on a t-shirt. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UofDuck wrote:I'm ambivalent about "Do Something", but I think it sends a positive message. My first real job was in construction and I remember getting done with a task and stood waiting for my boss to finish a conversation so he could give me my next task. He then came over and said, "never stand around. I don't care what you do, but "do something". Its actually stayed with me for many years and has served me well. To me "Do Something" means there is no time to stand still, or be complacent - something this team desperately needed to understand.
While they seem to be emphasizing the Do Something" part of Taggart's motto, I think that all 3 parts actually are really important since they build off one another. The green shirt I posted actually has the full motto on the back so hopefully that helps to remind people that Taggart and the program are about more than just "Do Something."
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I like the wings, the Do Something is a little weird.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Phenom wrote:I like the wings, the Do Something is a little weird.
Better than 'row the boat' would have been in hindsight.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

I've heard Taggart say "You gotta do something to get something". I take "Do Something" as short for you get out of life what you put into it.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
Phenom wrote:I like the wings, the Do Something is a little weird.
Better than 'row the boat' would have been in hindsight.
I don't mind the tagline (in fact, I like it), the font is weird.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

As long as they win during the regular season they can have the ugliest uniforms. I've never been really into the uni's like others, some are more uglier then others, but as long as they win that's all I care about.