'17 Projected Depth Chart (v. Post-Spring)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

'17 Projected Depth Chart (v. Post-Spring)

Post by Phenom »

This is based on what I've seen, read, and heard. I could definitely be wrong (and have been). I've included everyone that is still known to be on the team and players who signed their LOIs.

Biggest changes from the Post-Signing Day version:
- Lovette moved over to offense and should be a factor
- I see McNeal getting some PT after the spring he had. Lots of potential slot players.
- Getting Scott Pagano was big. He's going to take someone's starting spot (he could be NT on passing downs) and I just haven't seen the progression from Henry that I wanted to see. Plus, I'm a big fan of Jelks.
- Jordon Scott is a tough dude to move and he's only getting in better shape. Watch out! Plus, with Manu out for the year, I think he's the guy. This also means that I expect Failou to play.
- Rutger seems like a candidate to redshirt even though he was here in spring.
- The Duck (LB/S hybrid) position created a ton of movement in the LB corps. It's weird because I see our OLBs behind Hollins (Swain, Moi, Young) being better than Fotu. I think we'll see them all get PT since we'll go from 3-4 to 3-3-5 and vice-versa quite often.
- The Mike position is gross. I hope Simms takes a step up.
- With his shoulder injury, I'm hoping Tyree (medically) redshirts.
- By all accounts, Graham has been extremely impressive. Him and Springs have been making plays. Ugo and Lenoir can play the slot.
- I think Lenoir will get time at both S and CB and he's good enough to do both.
- I can see Schooler getting his spot taken, but I want to see him healthy before predicting that.
- Malmone seems like he's more consistent than Stack as a punter.

Red = Redshirt
Last edited by Phenom on Mon May 08, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
lomiton
One Star Recruit

Re: '17 Projected Depth Chart (v. Post-Spring)

Post by lomiton »

Phenom wrote:This is based on what I've seen, read, and heard. I could definitely be wrong (and have been). I've included everyone that is still known to be on the team and players who signed their LOIs.

- I see McNeal getting some PT after the spring he had. Lots of potential slot players.
- Getting Scott Pagano was big. He's going to take someone's starting spot (he could be NT on passing downs) and I just haven't seen the progression from Henry that I wanted to see. Plus, I'm a big fan of Jelks.
- Jordon Scott is a tough dude to move and he's only getting in better shape. Watch out! Plus, with Manu out for the year, I think he's the guy. This also means that I expect Failou to play.
- The Duck (LB/S hybrid) position created a ton of movement in the LB corps. It's weird because I see our OLBs behind Hollins (Swain, Moi, Young) being better than Fotu. I think we'll see them all get PT since we'll go from 3-4 to 3-3-5 and vice-versa quite often.
- By all accounts, Graham has been extremely impressive. Him and Springs have been making plays. Ugo and Lenoir can play the slot.
- I think Lenoir will get time at both S and CB and he's good enough to do both.
- I can see Schooler getting his spot taken, but I want to see him healthy before predicting that.

Phenom: what do the red names denote?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

lomiton wrote:
Phenom wrote:This is based on what I've seen, read, and heard. I could definitely be wrong (and have been). I've included everyone that is still known to be on the team and players who signed their LOIs.

Freshmen

"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

lomiton wrote:

Redshirts?
lomiton
One Star Recruit

Post by lomiton »

He's got guys like Manu and Moore in red but has guys like Lenoir, Graham and Stack in black. Also Apelu is the only walk-on listed (seems others are in the 2 deep mix, at least in Spring).

soduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by soduck »

I think Deom Lenoir starts by mid season or sooner and Jaylon Redd will get play time
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

You think Lenoir is going to pass both Breeze and Schooler? That is your honest football opinion? A true freshman who has not played a down of CFB is going to pass Breeze who had a great spring and spring game. Then he is going to pass Schooler, who led the D in picks and was 3rd on the team in tackles.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Sorry, red denotes redshirt. Shoulda made it more clear. I think Manu and Tyree redshirt (because of injuries).
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

lomiton wrote:He's got guys like Manu and Moore in red but has guys like Lenoir, Graham and Stack in black. Also Apelu is the only walk-on listed (seems others are in the 2 deep mix, at least in Spring).

Manu is out for the year according to reports. I love Moore's potential, but he's only been playing organized football for a couple of years and we actually have solid depth there so I see him redshirting. That could certainly not be the case as he's a Cristobal guy and he's got 1st round potential.

I've listed other walk-ons (Eugenio, Mariota, Malmone) but I don't see anyone else cracking the rotation. The other walk-ons were in the 2-deep in spring because of of injuries. At least that's what I think.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

justducky0 wrote:You think Lenoir is going to pass both Breeze and Schooler? That is your honest football opinion? A true freshman who has not played a down of CFB is going to pass Breeze who had a great spring and spring game. Then he is going to pass Schooler, who led the D in picks and was 3rd on the team in tackles.
Lenoir was a tough one to place. By all accounts, he was our best recruit and he was a better player than Graham, who will likely start. Lenoir says that the coaches see him playing a role similar to what Jabrill Peppers played at Michigan. Does that mean S? Does that mean the "Duck" position? Maybe CB, where he was named the best on West coast? I definitely see him getting on the field a lot, though.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I think George Moore is a starter by game 4, not a RS. Based on physical gifts h'e sour most talented OL. COULD redshirt if he doesn't pick up the offense quickly or something like that.
Last edited by GrantDuck on Mon May 08, 2017 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

GrantDuck wrote:I think George Moore is a starter by game 4, not a RS.
Over who? Crosby, Throckmorton, and Aiello are all good players and are more experienced.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Phenom wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:I think George Moore is a starter by game 4, not a RS.
Over who? Crosby, Throckmorton, and Aiello are all good players and are more experienced.
A healthy Crosby at LT and Moore at RT.

Feel it's a Kyle Long situation, where the kid is just hands down more gifted than the guys on our roster and will be starting at some point during the season. JuCo's of course can always be a wide spectrum of outcomes in year 1, especially.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Also thanks for doing this chart. 8-)
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Phenom wrote:
justducky0 wrote:You think Lenoir is going to pass both Breeze and Schooler? That is your honest football opinion? A true freshman who has not played a down of CFB is going to pass Breeze who had a great spring and spring game. Then he is going to pass Schooler, who led the D in picks and was 3rd on the team in tackles.
Lenoir was a tough one to place. By all accounts, he was our best recruit and he was a better player than Graham, who will likely start. Lenoir says that the coaches see him playing a role similar to what Jabrill Peppers played at Michigan. Does that mean S? Does that mean the "Duck" position? Maybe CB, where he was named the best on West coast? I definitely see him getting on the field a lot, though.
Oh Pdog, i dont disagree that Lenoir will play this year and maybe have a big role. BUT I LOL at people who think he walks in and start of Breeze and Schooler. (not you, that other f***)