Chip Kelly - Linked to Texas A & M

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Re: Chip Kelly - Linked to Texas A & M

Post by Alan »

justducky0 wrote:I really don't think it would be. Chip had the perfect storm at Oregon. Bad Pac12, USC with NCAA trouble and nobody was running the blur offense like him. Now everybody runs it, its not new or innovative anymore.
But if anyone could reinvent the wheel I would think it would be Chip.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

This is why I think Taggart could be successful. He's going to run a hybrid power spread. Fast, but more focus on the power run game. It's going to be fun.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

jimmy12 wrote:This is why I think Taggart could be successful. He's going to run a hybrid power spread. Fast, but more focus on the power run game. It's going to be fun.
And with a kid with a serious arm.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

justducky0 wrote:I really don't think it would be. Chip had the perfect storm at Oregon. Bad Pac12, USC with NCAA trouble and nobody was running the blur offense like him. Now everybody runs it, its not new or innovative anymore.

Do you think Chip could bring it again like he did at Oregon or do you feel the game has caught up to him and now he is just a average coach?
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I think Chip may be like a select few other successful college coaches, who have dipped their toes into the NFL waters, with limited success... Not necessarily catching "lightning in a bottle" like he did at Oregon, but given the right location, able to produce highly competitive teams on a very consistent basis.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I think Chip could be a very successful college coach again, maybe not at the level he reached at Oregon. Two things he had going for him at Oregon was, one, his offense was new and other teams could not defend it. Also he had the advantage of being the OC for the Ducks for two years before the HC opened up, he had two years to recruit his players. I would love to see him in College ball again, just not the PAC.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

I would love to see him again in college too. I really liked Chip