Marcus Mariota #50 in NFL Top 100

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

ArkansasDuck
Three Star Recruit

Marcus Mariota #50 in NFL Top 100

Post by ArkansasDuck »

I'm sure you guys have seen this but Marcus Mariota was named #50 on the NFL.com's annual top 100 list as voted on by the players. Ahead of Jameis Winston and Andrew Luck. Obviously it doesn't mean much but still shows you that the league is taking notice and is certainly impressed with the young QB. Big things to come in Nashville I think! He was the 5th Titan to be ranked on the list so far. DeMarco Murray and Jack Conklin still might be ranked in the top 40 (I bet Murray is, Conklin is probably a year away despite being the best RT in the league last year) He hasn't started going full speed but has been able to get in some good reps with his new WR's during OTA's. Team and beat writers are really impressed with the rookie WR's so far.

Here is the video.

https://sports.yahoo.com/video/top-100- ... 00249.html

Meanwhile the Bucs/Winston fans are a little sore about it

http://www.joebucsfan.com/2017/06/peers ... s-mariota/
Last edited by ArkansasDuck on Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
ArkansasDuck
Three Star Recruit

Re: Marcus Mariota #50 in NFL Top 100

Post by ArkansasDuck »

nm
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Jameis came in with a better supporting cast. His receivers have been remarkably better than Marcus' have the past two seasons. Hopefully Marcus can stay healthy this year and really show out.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Well, it really could have gone either way.
ArkansasDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by ArkansasDuck »

The thing with Winston is that he is what he is. He's always been careless throwing the ball, he always has thrown lots of INT's and lots of fumbles and he always will. He didn't improve from yr 1 to yr 2. He had one of the lowest completion %'s in the league and THE lowest adjusted completion % according to PFF. He will make some great plays, but will make just as many bonehead mistakes that make you wonder if he will ever learn. I saw a comp of Eli Manning and that might be close...a good QB but never mentioned among the elites.

Marcus grew from year 1 to year 2. He did a lot with nothing the first year then showed what he could do with a quality OL to protect him and a quality run game to take some of the pressure off. This year we get to see what he can do with a quality OL, a quality run game AND a couple good WR's to throw to. I think you will start to hear his name mentioned among the "elite" QB's by the end of the season.

These two will be forever linked as Heisman winners, #1,#2 picks same year etc, The truth is both are good but I think only Marcus will become an elite QB.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

ArkansasDuck wrote:
These two will be forever linked as Heisman winners, #1,#2 picks same year etc, The truth is both are good but I think only Marcus will become an elite QB.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ysqPubXMiZY

;)