This makes me LOL

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

This makes me LOL

Post by nogerO »

So I was on another message board site and they were talking about eliminating their open? board because there were so many non-football topics and people posting "insider" recruiting information. They want everybody to pay $10 a month for the privilege of reading stuff we get here for free. I posted a link to this site and added why pay when you can get it here for free? I've been banned. :lol: :lol: :lol: I won't be missing that site!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
justducky0
Senior

Re: This makes me LOL

Post by justducky0 »

Bahah! Way to go nogerO... you made me laugh on a monday..BEFORE my coffee. well done :)
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Haha, at least you went out with a fight.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

eDuck?
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

I stopped checking other sites, I love it here. The members and general attitude here is the best I've ever seen on a board.
Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kimber45 »

Eh, they're running a business and overhead doesn't pay itself.
Phenom wrote:eDuck?
Got an IP ban several years ago from eDuck when I referred to that site as an "agglomeration of twat" in my very first post here on ducksattack. Not my finest moment on the interwebs but I finally got tired of some Baby Boomer using the Open Board as his/her daily blog about the Dr. Oz show and the wonders of vitamin D.

All news that's actually news eventually comes out into the public domain.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Phenom wrote:eDuck?
I can neither confirm nor deny that sir. Let's just say it rhymes with we suck.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

justducky0 wrote:Bahah! Way to go nogerO... you made me laugh on a monday..BEFORE my coffee. well done :)
I aim to please. You're welcome :lol:
pdxduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck »

nogerO wrote:So I was on another message board site and they were talking about eliminating their open? board because there were so many non-football topics and people posting "insider" recruiting information. They want everybody to pay $10 a month for the privilege of reading stuff we get here for free. I posted a link to this site and added why pay when you can get it here for free? I've been banned. :lol: :lol: :lol: I won't be missing that site!
I was a subscriber at one point to that other site, basically for recruiting info. Until it just became a non-stop tease that they had big "insider information" that would be shared as soon as they were allowed. Guess what? No bombshells were ever forthcoming, so I gave up the subscription. Not to mention one of the big cheese's over there comes off as complete ass.

I do still check the Woodshed periodically for comic relief. But there's no reason to frequent any of the other boards.
Bigducker
Freshman

Post by Bigducker »

Marty is the most thin skinned mod on ANY site. If you make fun of him kiddingly or even prove him wrong on something he will ban you. He’s just a cranky old man without ANY connections anymore. Steve on the hand is actually a pretty good guy.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Bigducker wrote:Marty is the most thin skinned mod on ANY site. If you make fun of him kiddingly or even prove him wrong on something he will ban you. He’s just a cranky old man without ANY connections anymore. Steve on the hand is actually a pretty good guy.
That's crazy because I thought no one ever got banned. There are a few posters that completely ruined their boards and it was beyond me as to why the mods never put a stop to it.
Last edited by DuckMastaFunk on Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Marty, Ruthy. You know what they say about Birds of a Feather, they start their own fan boards.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i'm a loud outspoken jackass and even i feel humbled by the amount of loud outspoken jackasses on eDuck.
ImageImageImageImageImage
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Bigducker wrote:Marty is the most thin skinned mod on ANY site. If you make fun of him kiddingly or even prove him wrong on something he will ban you. He’s just a cranky old man without ANY connections anymore. Steve on the hand is actually a pretty good guy.
I agree. Steve is cool as $h!t. Marty, well he's kind of full of himself. I had him on my radio show in Roseburg several years ago via the phones to talk recruiting and he said a lot of stuff that turned out to be totally off base. He and I have had our go arounds since. Especially when it comes to their "insider" info you have to pay for. I guess he got tired of me rubbing his face in it on open season with information I got here before anyone there had a clue and I posted it. Got some nasty PM's from him. :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh well, that was about a month ago and I haven't been back since. Did they close down Open Season?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

A bozo mod of theirs.