Wyoming Visitor's Information

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DCPoke
One Star Recruit

Wyoming Visitor's Information

Post by DCPoke »

Here's a link to University of Wyoming visitor's information guide: http://wyo-platform-api-prod-origin.sla ... 065938cb4e

There's a lot of useful info including lodging, dining and other stuff.
DCPoke
One Star Recruit

Re: Wyoming Visitor's Information

Post by DCPoke »

Here's a link to the UW Visiting Fan Guide. It's the 2015 version, but most of the information is valid. I'll post the revision if they make one: http://wyo-platform-api-prod-origin.sla ... 78b37abbe9
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Awesome, thanks. I'm excited to make the trip out there.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Ditto, probably the most excited I've been to go to a road game.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
DCPoke
One Star Recruit

Post by DCPoke »

I got a text back from someone I know at the UW Athletic Department saying the 2017 fan guide will come out soon. I'll post the link when they publish it. One interesting feature is that this will be the first season that beer will be available in War Memorial Stadium!

Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Ditto, probably the most excited I've been to go to a road game.
Why? Wyoming the state is...dull, besides Yellowstone. Plus, it's going to be an early evening game...lots of drunk cowboys. Sounds terrible tbh. lol
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phenom wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Ditto, probably the most excited I've been to go to a road game.
Why? Wyoming the state is...dull, besides Yellowstone. Plus, it's going to be an early evening game...lots of drunk cowboys. Sounds terrible tbh. lol
I'll be staying in Colorado and just driving an hour and a half for the game. And there's a lot of cool things to see in Colorado.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

Wyoming has a lot of natural beauty, if that's your thing it's great. Can drive on backroads with no other cars on the road for hours and just soak it in. People in Wyoming are very nice too. It's different, but that doesn't mean it's dull.
DCPoke
One Star Recruit

Post by DCPoke »

Phenom wrote:
This is Snowy Range west of Laramie...

This is the Veedauwoo area east of Laramie:

This is the UW Campus:

What's not to like?
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

Phenom wrote:

Kind of like a Cowboy, Redneck, Hillbilly or country folk going to a college town known for its vocal political views and being around a bunch of drunk Hippies spouting things non football related.........oh wait I am that country folk and have never had a bad time even with the drunken wildlife or a loss. That's because I refuse to stereotype people and take them for who they are and make the best out of it. Ignore the "people" acting inappropriately and find the ones who are just their to enjoy the game like you. IMHO.

GO DUCKS!!!
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

rsbgduck wrote:
Phenom wrote:

Kind of like a Cowboy, Redneck, Hillbilly or country folk going to a college town known for its vocal political views and being around a bunch of drunk Hippies spouting things non football related.........oh wait I am that country folk and have never had a bad time even with the drunken wildlife or a loss. That's because I refuse to stereotype people and take them for who they are and make the best out of it. Ignore the "people" acting inappropriately and find the ones who are just their to enjoy the game like you. IMHO.

GO DUCKS!!!
You just let the air out of somebody's head. Wyoming has some of the most beautiful scenery if you just get off the freeway! Yeah interstate 80 from Cheyenne to Evanston is pretty bland, I'll give you that.

https://www.nps.gov/grte/learn/photosmu ... allery.htm

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=de ... &FORM=IGRE
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
DCPoke
One Star Recruit

Post by DCPoke »

There's the Big Horn Mountains in Northern Wyoming:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=bi ... AE4D457F7B
DCPoke
One Star Recruit

Post by DCPoke »

nogerO wrote:
rsbgduck wrote:
Phenom wrote:

GO DUCKS!!!
You just let the air out of somebody's head. Wyoming has some of the most beautiful scenery if you just get off the freeway! Yeah interstate 80 from Cheyenne to Evanston is pretty bland, I'll give you that.

https://www.nps.gov/grte/learn/photosmu ... allery.htm

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=de ... &FORM=IGRE
Even the Red Desert has it's charms. I've spent a lot of time out there and there's a lot of wildlife and interesting areas to check out. Let the tourist wiz by. It makes it nicer for those who can appreciate it.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Gr ... 5B2189EA32

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Re ... 688852CB20
Last edited by DCPoke on Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

rsbgduck wrote:
Phenom wrote:

GO DUCKS!!!
lol it's an early evening college football game, there is going to be drunk people...that's all I said. But no, I would likely not feel the safest around that crowd. Then again, people that look like me don't usually live in Wyoming...
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Phenom wrote:
rsbgduck wrote:
Phenom wrote:

GO DUCKS!!!
lol it's an early evening college football game, there is going to be drunk people...that's all I said. But no, I would likely not feel the safest around that crowd. Then again, people that look like me don't usually live in Wyoming...

Care to elaborate? People who look like what? Have you ever spent any time here? I lived in Oregon for 50 years before I moved to Wyoming. People here pretty much look the same as people in the peoples republic of newgene...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine