Perspective

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

chapelhillduck
Senior

Perspective

Post by chapelhillduck »

All else aside, and there's a lot, this is way better than I thought at the beginning of the year:

9-4
Beat the beavers
Won a bowl game against a legit team
And the UW game was an all-timer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Perspective

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Totally agree, and the future is bright with the #5 recruiting class coming in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I agree! Love the season! Yes there was some should of been's but overall for Cristobal's first year it was excellent! We long time Duck fans would tak a 9-4 season with a bowl win most every year! Also, the way the kids love their coach all the offense who can are coming back, I think Dye will return but after his interview last yesterday I think Mitchell is gone.

Edit to add: thank you for starting a upbeat thread, all the doom and gloom post after a nice win yesterday was not worth my time to read.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

We were a fumble away from a 10-win season while playing with 11 less scholarship players than most other teams.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

If someone said at the beginning of the year that the ducks would end the year with 9 wins, a bowl win, beat the Fuskies, #5 recruiting class with the number one recruit on the DL at that I would of said you were smoking crack and were waisted on the spiked Green and Yellow Kool Aid. Great year and good momentum going forward. As for Mitchell, with the talent coming in I think he has a lot to think about. He could very easily end up being the 3 receiver next year if the receivers coming in live up to the hype. Just a thought.

Oh and my vote was 8-9 Wins, was hoping for 9 regular season wins and a 10th with a bowl win.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

"Perspective" the perfect word for this season, a lost fumble, a missed kick; one went against the Ducks, the other for them. The Redbox Bowl, imagine how awful it would be to have lost that one? Instead the Ducks gutted it out, won with their defense; and the relationship between the players and Cristobal, unreal!
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

My biggest question is, how different would the narrative be if Udub doesn’t miss that FG? There’s very few positives to pull from the season if that happens. Obviously the recruiting class is amazing, but I feel like temperature would be a whole lot different.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

pudgejeff wrote:My biggest question is, how different would the narrative be if Udub doesn’t miss that FG? There’s very few positives to pull from the season if that happens. Obviously the recruiting class is amazing, but I feel like temperature would be a whole lot different.
Agreed but it evens out. What if redd doesn’t hit the pylon , what if Herbert falls on top of the ball, what if Mitchell doesn’t drop the Hail Mary against wazzu, what if we made the FG at the end of the half against Utah etc
Last edited by lukeyrid13 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:My biggest question is, how different would the narrative be if Udub doesn’t miss that FG? There’s very few positives to pull from the season if that happens. Obviously the recruiting class is amazing, but I feel like temperature would be a whole lot different.
Agreed but it evens out. What if redd doesn’t hit the pylon , what if Herbert falls on top of the ball, what if Mitchell doesn’t drop the Hail Mary against wazzu, what if we made the the at the end of the half against Utah etc
THIS--
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

We were one play away from 8-5

But we were only two plays away from 11 wins

So it goes both ways
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Another perspective, we finished 9-4 and Uw finished 10-4. The only differences in our seasons, was that they beat Utah and we didn’t.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Duckenstein wrote:
We were one play away from 8-5

But we were only two plays away from 11 wins

So it goes both ways
To me it was less about the record and more about the team involved. Beating the Huskies means a lot, to a lot of people and rightly so.