Does Leavitt have a home in Eugene yet?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

He seems to post a bunch about loving the Ducks......and I believe he does. But he still talks about going home to Boulder and then to Eugene. Just wondering if he is making any kind of roots in eugene., I know he has two young daughters and with luck it's just getting a new home going and school for young daughters. Any opinions...just a stepping stone for him? Hope not.

Alan
Senior

Re: Does Leavitt have a home in Eugene yet?

Post by Alan »

Now that I take time to think a little....... does Cristobal or Willie have a home here yet? Just wondering because for a coach ...... football never ends...... Willie still has a new home in Florida, Cristobal..... Bama?
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

Will and Cristobal both have homes in Eugene.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

He has a clause in his contract that says if he gets the head coaching position at Kansas State then his buyout is voided, so that tells you where he'd like to be in an ideal world.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

StevensTechU wrote:He has a clause in his contract that says if he gets the head coaching position at Kansas State then his buyout is voided, so that tells you where he'd like to be in an ideal world.
Thanks for the insight! That speaks volumes about his future hopes. He's got a bunch of hurdles to jump before becoming their HC, like the spot opening up and him being offered, lol. Plus he's 60, don't know that K St will want another senior citizen coach.

I did see in one of his recent tweets his family are in Eugene with him most of the time..it implied. So maybe they just haven't decided or maybe they enjoy the nice motel with the swimming pool for the girls...

Thanks for the info, great inside info for me.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Leavitt doesn't love the Ducks, he's paid by the Ducks. We fired the coaches who did love the Ducks because they couldn't get it done. Let's just understand that all this twitter stuff is an act. Necessary sure, but it really isn't anything more than trite drivel because young people today hear a pair of keys ringing and turn into a cat. Every single on of these coaches we hired has the potential to be gone next year, even Taggart.

The belief with KSU though is that the Wildcats are unlikely to go in his direction because of age, yet that shouldn't be taken as gospel truth due to the nature of the sport. A terrible year for KSU and a great defensive season for us and the notion that Jim might not be a 15+ year coach may not matter anymore.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Alabama has replaced 13 coaches the last 3 years, I'm not worried as long as we have WT and a university willing to spend money. Unlike Helfrich, WT isn't scared to hire a strong personality assistant coaches. I think he'll always replace a great coach with a great coach.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

This staff has already replaced 2!!! (And it looks like both replacements are better than their "predecessors."

Arroyo and Johnson.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I wonder if this means the Leavitt's have a house in the works in Eugene? BTW, I like the mailbox!
srduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by srduck »

Gosh- seems like this is really an issue of concern.
What can any one do about it if he does not? Honest question and not trying to be snarky .

The other way to look at this is Chip had a home custom built to his specs and lived in it for about 6 months before he jumped ship so having or not having a home probably doesn't tell us much.

For further consideration Leavitt posted a photo of him and his family at the coast and commented that they drove over after he got off work to hang out and have dinner.

He has two young daughters who are school age so I am guessing he either bought or rents a home in Eugene with his family as the children would be starting school in September.

Does any of this answer the question, no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

srduck wrote:Gosh- seems like this is really an issue of concern.
What can any one do about it if he does not? Honest question and not trying to be snarky .

The other way to look at this is Chip had a home custom built to his specs and lived in it for about 6 months before he jumped ship so having or not having a home probably doesn't tell us much.

For further consideration Leavitt posted a photo of him and his family at the coast and commented that they drove over after he got off work to hang out and have dinner.

He has two young daughters who are school age so I am guessing he either bought or rents a home in Eugene with his family as the children would be starting school in September.

Does any of this answer the question, no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just simple pointless conversation during the dead time. Does it matter? Not really but the question got some good info posted, such as the clause in his contract. For me it beats getting excited about recruits who have until February 2019 to change their minds. Just simple conversation until camp starts.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Well its not like Sen. Wyden's family lives in Oregon and we all seem to like him.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I don't mind the questions, TBH.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07 wrote:Well its not like Sen. Wyden's family lives in Oregon and we all seem to like him.
Do we all really like him? Him spending most of his off-time in NYC instead of Oregon is a big negative for me.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Well its not like Sen. Wyden's family lives in Oregon and we all seem to like him.
Do we all really like him? Him spending most of his off-time in NYC instead of Oregon is a big negative for me.
Well Wyden's term lasts through '22, to bring this back, will Leavitt still be here by then? Maybe he does settle in and likes it.