Carrington Officially Booted

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Re: Carrington Officially Booted

Post by Alan »

cordy02c wrote:Apparently Utah is interested in him. Utah comes to Autzen this year by the way
I'm under the impression he cannot transfer to a conference school as a grad transfer.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

I know a couple years ago a guy graduated from Ucla and went to ASu as a grad transfer so it has happened in the conference before
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

As far as I know there is no rule against grad transferring within the league
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I don't think there's a rule for grad transfers. Didn't Scarlett go from Cal to Stanford?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phenom wrote:I don't think there's a rule for grad transfers. Didn't Scarlett go from Cal to Stanford?
He did. As long as Oregon hasn't put any holds on Carrington, he could conceivably go anywhere he wants.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Good luck to Carrington, great player and he loved Oregon. I dont hold anything against him, It must have been tough for him to be the only one smoking weed at Oregon.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

justducky0 wrote:Good luck to Carrington, great player and he loved Oregon. I dont hold anything against him, It must have been tough for him to be the only one smoking weed at Oregon.
Or the only one stupid enough to get caught. :o
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

I gotta say...

I am all for transfers getting a fresh shot, whether they come to or go from Oregon. Having said that, with the troubles that DC has had, I think it would be totally bush league for another team in the Pac-12 to pick him up. I get a directional or D3 school adding him to the roster but something about a legit, in conference rival taking a troubled kid like this would rub me the wrong way. Am I overreacting here?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

He's not a troubled kid.
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

Phenom wrote:He's not a troubled kid.
Wrong choice of words by me and I knew it when I typed it, my bad. But a couple of alcohol involved incidents between a DUII and open container charge, plus a failed drug test before a bowl game and breaking a man's arm. I would be VERY disappointed if he was booted from another Pac-12 team and Willie and Co. were taking a flyer on him.