Senior

Carrington Officially Booted

Post by Duck24 »

Per Willie's best friend in the media, Andrew Grief:
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Re: Carrington Officially Booted

Post by duck541 »

IMO it's the right decision. Carrington already got a second chance, and a third. Taggart gave his coach the boot for the same thing, and it's commendable that he's holding his players to the same standard. Tough to see him go and I hope Carrington gets his s*** in line because he's a hell of a talent.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Yeah..if it wasn't his 2nd offense(really you could say 3rd or 4th) I'd say it was harsh, but I think it had to be done.

Really sucks, because think he was ready for a great season.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Definitely sucks. I'm glad Carrington was able to give us that fantastic catch against Utah last season... was a bad year, but that was some sweet, sweet revenge.

That said, respect to Coach T. He didn't flinch.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

GrantDuck wrote:Yeah..if it wasn't his 2nd offense(really you could say 3rd or 4th) I'd say it was harsh, but I think it had to be done.

Really sucks, because think he was ready for a great season.

the right decision. Hopefully it gives DC incentive to get his self together. He has
pro potential physically. Get his mind set right then he will do fine. Wish him well.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

So much potential, so many chances, etc.. This is the best move for the future of our program. Also tells the other players to not mess around or Willie will lay down the law.

Thanks DC. I really did/do like you. Very friendly dude.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

The only move Willie could have made and kept respect and his word! Good move...next man up!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Like Taggart said, he was waiting for someone to test him. Now they know Willie means business. Sucks this had to happen because an already thin WR corps got even thinner and younger. They're going to need Nelson, Mitchell, and the rest of the guys to really step up. With the guys they have at RB, I wouldn't be surprised to see them lean on the run a lot this season.
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

I heard Carrington was seen partying with weed and alcohol a few days after his DUII. Talk about stupid decisions...

Glad he's off. Willie made the right call. Wish Darren the best.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Wasn't there a sarcastic thread or part of a thread about bets on who'd be the guy to test Willie and get booted? I believe Carrington won in a landslide of unofficial voting.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

On the field this is a massive blow, but I respect that this is the decision that Willie made.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Seriously, sucks big time, but I think everyone here agrees that it's the right thing to do. Carrington, get it together man...

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

yep had to be made with his past, now just hopefully nobody else does something dumb to test Willie
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Here's a news blurb from the Daily Emerald on his dismissal. But there's also a Taylor's bar instagram pic featuring Carrington, makes me wonder if that bar is truly off limits to the team.......anyone know? Taylor's did yank the pic a few minutes after it was posted.

http://www.dailyemerald.com/2017/07/14/ ... l-program/
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Alan wrote:Here's a news blurb from the Daily Emerald on his dismissal. But there's also a Taylor's bar instagram pic featuring Carrington, makes me wonder if that bar is truly off limits to the team.......anyone know? Taylor's did yank the pic a few minutes after it was posted.

http://www.dailyemerald.com/2017/07/14/ ... l-program/
I don't think it's a coincidence that Taylor's posted that photo and he was gone the same day.