Preseason Camp Preview: RB

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Greenblood
Senior

Preseason Camp Preview: RB

Post by Greenblood »

http://www.goducks.com/news/2017/7/19/f ... ew-rb.aspx

Moseley is kicking off his preseason camp previews with a look at the running backs, driving home the fact that preseason camp is right around the corner.

I didn't notice anything we don't already know here. Griffin is the wild card at this point after his return from injury.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Preseason Camp Preview: RB

Post by UOducksTK1 »

How ready is Taj?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I think it will be back to the small backs of yester-year in 2018, with Tony Brooks-James and CJ Verdell leading the charge, and Habibi-Likio and Taj getting some carries. This might sound a little sensationalist, but I think Verdell could be the second-coming of LaMichael. I can't wait until we start getting reports from practice.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I don't consider Verdell a small back. He's thick. Kinda like Ray Rice. Can see him being in the 210 range.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Phenom wrote:I don't consider Verdell a small back. He's thick. Kinda like Ray Rice. Can see him being in the 210 range.
Onterrio had a great combo of size and athleticism if he only could have put the bong down.
polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

Yeah.....unfortunately, the same can be said for former Duck Herman Ho Ching! HUGE talent....just couldn't stay away from the tree. :roll:
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

UOducksTK1 wrote:How ready is Taj?
Looking like Taj is headed for mainly the slot receiver position this season. Moseley has this tweet from this morning:

"Taj Griffin, who's been playing slot receiver so far in this camp, said he expects that to be his primary position going forward."

I figure he'll still be used for a few carries out of the backfield now and then.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Greenblood wrote:
Looking like Taj is headed for mainly the slot receiver position this season. Moseley has this tweet from this morning:

"Taj Griffin, who's been playing slot receiver so far in this camp, said he expects that to be his primary position going forward."

I figure he'll still be used for a few carries out of the backfield now and then.
Nice. And a few jet sweeps. I just want him to get the ball. He makes things happen.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phenom wrote:
Greenblood wrote:

Nice. And a few jet sweeps. I just want him to get the ball. He makes things happen.
Yeah that makes more sense. He has definite homerun ability.

So I'm assuming he'll be close to 100% for the start of the season?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13